Help
Help

Sky Talk
Occasional Visitor
Kitty+Ahmed

how do I report a fault on my telephone line

I have had a fault with my telephone line for the last week.  I do not have a dial tone and cannot make or receive calls,  but my broadband and sky are working.  I want to know how to report this.  I have checked the phones and the connections too.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
lainys

Re: how do I report a fault on my telephone line

Hello Kitty+Ahmed, 

Thank you for your first post to the Forum and welcome to the community, 

Can you click on this link and carry out the trouble shooting steps and let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mary45

i am at a loss had no dailing tone now for a while but still have internet tried everything and for life of me cant find where to report it really pulling hair out now

Community Coordinator
jason-d

Good Morning mary45,

Welcome to our community and thanks for taking the time to make your first post.

I am sorry to read that you are without your Sky Talk service.

Can you confirm where in the UK you are posting from?

Thanks
jason-d
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
thetechnocrat

If you think that you have problems just lisen to this one.

I am a school teacher and am therefore at work all day. My husband is retired and therefore at home all day.

We are the Executors to my late mothers estate and are currently attempting to sell her house.

My husband has been dealing with estate agents, surveyors and the like, and therefore needs access to the Sky Talk landline all day.

An estate agent had to personally come round to our house today to report that they have been trying to phone us all day for a prospective client appointment, but the phone rings twice and goes off.

My husband has stated categorically that the phone has not rung all day, but he has been able to make calls.

My husband phoned Sky to report the fault, but was told that they could not action his request as he was not the account holder (I am) - so the phone will have to remain out of action until after I get home from school, at which time it will probably be too late to do anything about it today.

Talk about bureacracy, I have never heard anything so silly. Does it really matter who reports a faulty telephone?

We recently moved from Virgin because we considered their service somewhat lacking, but it now appears that they were angels compared to the Sky people.

Occasional Visitor
thetechnocrat

If you think that you have problems just lisen to this one.

I am a school teacher and am therefore at work all day. My husband is retired and therefore at home all day.

We are the Executors to my late mothers estate and are currently attempting to sell her house.

My husband has been dealing with estate agents, surveyors and the like, and therefore needs access to the Sky Talk landline all day.

An estate agent had to personally come round to our house today to report that they have been trying to phone us all day for a prospective client appointment, but the phone rings twice and goes off.

My husband has stated categorically that the phone has not rung all day, but he has been able to make calls.

My husband phoned Sky to report the fault, but was told that they could not action his request as he was not the account holder (I am) - so the phone will have to remain out of action until after I get home from school, at which time it will probably be too late to do anything about it today.

Talk about bureacracy, I have never heard anything so silly. Does it really matter who reports a faulty telephone?

We recently moved from Virgin because we considered their service somewhat lacking, but it now appears that they were angels compared to the Sky people.

Staff (Retired)
StacieB

Hi thetechnocrat,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community, I'm sorry it's not under better circumstances.

Unfortunately our team require access to the Sky account in order to run a series of line test and diagnostics in order to find the source of the fault and if required arrange an engineer.

To do this we need the data protection questions cleared on a Sky account before we can gain access, unfortunately if your husband doesn't have this information then we are unable to access your account.

Can I ask if you have managed to get this fault raised with Sky at all? If not we can certainly get that done for you.

Thanks.

Occasional Visitor
Ghughes+ni

Hi, I have tried all the fault testing recommendations as in earlier link to sky website, I still have no dial tone on the line, please can a member of the sky team help by letting me know I can report this for investigation. Can I do this online? Thanks,

G Hughes, northern ireland
Contributor
Moonboots

Wouldnt hold your breath.

Ive had problems with my phoneline since joining Sky Talk service.

Ive had 2 engineers out in the last 10 months trying to fix the fault but still not fixed.

Speaking to tech support and i keep going round in circles.

Ive made a last attempt to get this fixed, if not then im leaving..

Community Coordinator
Simon-T

Hi there Ghughes+ni and Moonboots,

Thanks for your post Ghughes+ni and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your phone line and no dial tone. I will pass your details on to my colleague for further investigation and ask you to check your private messages.

Moonboots, I am sorry to hear about the ongoing issues that you have been having. Have you still got a fault raised with us? What was the last update to your issue? Have you been advised what needs to be done to fix your issues?

Regards,

Simon
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Ross-M

Evening Ghughes+ni,

Sad to see the fault you're having at the moment and so we can assist you further I have sent you a private message with further details. 

Thanks, 

Ross
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Moonboots

Yea Simon-T it is still ongoing and the fault has been raised.

The latest is that it has been escalated again.

They dont know how to fix the issue as they dont know where the problem is.

As i have said, im giving this last chance and then its bye if not fixed.

Ive been paying for a service, i have not been receiving properly like many others on this forum by the looks of things.

Regular Visitor
wayne1867

i've had the same problem for 3 days now , i finally got on live chat and spent 3 hours trying to resolve my problem , followed there instructions and my phones still don't work , been online this morning since 0700 trying to get on live chat but failed ,, to say i'm peed off is an understatement , wasted 20 minutes trying to call sky from my mobile yesterday and got nothing , i run my business from home so this will be costing me , i posted on another forum trying to get some help but found that this is a problem for a lot of sky customers ,, sick of going round in circles with sky .. can anyone help ? or are sky not bothered about there customers

Community Coordinator
Kristi-C

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for the messages and hope you're well. 

Sorry to hear that you are both experiencing Sky talk issues! 

The link below has a few troubleshooting steps you can follow to see if these help at all:

No Dial Tone

If you have already been through these troubleshooting steps and the issue is still arising please follow the link below to see if there are any issues within your area which may be causing this issue:

Exchange checker

If you results come back as "Area not effected" please try the following tips below:

- Replace Microfilters and Phone cables 

- Connect to the test socket (if this works there is an issue with your mains socket) 

- Try another phone in the socket. 

- Check for Sky router issues 

- Check if you are able to call out or in 

I hope this helps resolve your issues. 

If you have any further issues please don't hesitate to visit the Sky Community again. 

Thanks, 

Kristi
Community Coordinator