Help

Sky Talk
Frequent Visitor
B.R.F.C
Accepted Solution

Unwanted calls/fake calls

[ Edited ]

Hello,

for the past few months I have been receiving a lot of calls from outside the UK,saying that I have a problem with my Internet,computer and network. I know there is nothing wrong with any of my computers,network or Internet.

What are sky doing about this? As I am getting quite sick of these scam calls.

These callers are just trying to rip people off.

These callers even state that they are working for Microsoft(DON'T BE FOOLED THEY AREN'T)

So please people be aware that these calls are FAKE.

THE LATEST NUMBER TO RING WAS  09999100244

What can be done by sky about this problem????

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

Re: Unwanted calls/fake calls

I'm with Virgin and we have the same issues that you have reported.We signed up to the Telephone prefernce service years ago but these calls still get through.

What we do though if we see one of these numbers on caller display we just dont answer,not perfect i know.

What we would be nice if the phone companies could block these numbers but i guess that's what you are asking.Lets see if Sky make a response to your post.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
B.R.F.C

thanks for the reply kato,

yes i want sky to take action and stop all these unwanted calls/fake calls,but i know the answer i will get from them...

pay extra to block unwanted calls,even though i pay the top price as i have broadband,phone and tv packages.

as you said in your reply, i just dont answer these calls now

So come on sky help your customers

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi B.R.F.C,

I am sorry to read that you are experiencing these types of calls. There is a website that you can look at called TPS that you can register with and this will stop theses types of calls for you. Unfortunately Sky or any other company you have your Phone service with cannot be held responsible. What kato has advised you is correct in the previous post .

Fingers crossed that looking at the site and filling in your details will stop these for good. You can read other peoples feedback on this website also :smileyhappy:

Please let us know how you get on with this and if it rectifies your problem.

Many thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
B.R.F.C

i am registered with the TPS and have been for over 2 years,and i am still getting these calls.

i had a call a few months ago that said, are you sat at your computer,and i said yes.

he said there is a problem with your network,I said no its fine and working ok,then the network went down and i had no internet connection.

like i said in my other post i try not to answer these calls

all i was wondering if sky had the power to try and stop these calls,because that is who i pay my line rental and phone bill to.

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi B.R.F.C,

Ah right! I didn't realise you were already subscribed to the TPS.

Okay, if this is the case what you would need to do is contact us so that an agent can issue you some correspondence about the unwanted calls. You would receive a form and would take notes of these calls - times etc and send it back to us for us to investigate your situation further.

The only other way we would be able to help would be to change your number if these don't stop?

This would be the last resort however.

Many thanks.

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
B.R.F.C

Thanks for your reply shelz

I will use the contact form.

I don't really want to change my number.

Thanks to everyone who has posted help or information.

Occasional Visitor
Russt999

Shelz,

The TPS link you refer to in the above msg is NOT the TPS but a private company asking for £40 per year! Please state these facts before putting so called helpful links in your replys.

Thanks
Russ
Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi Russt999,

I do apologise there are a few different TPS companies you can join however, please give the following telephone preference service a try as this is free.

Thanks

Tricia07
Community Coordinator