Help
Help

Sky Talk
barbiedoll2

Re: Sky Talk - Useful Links

You ask if the details have been helpful, I suppose they are if you get fixed up. However, I've been without a phone now for over a week. I have a package with sky, tele, broadband, and TV. I have been asked to check the line via the outlets, there appears no problem with it and the broadband is working perfectly. It goes into the garage through the wall and then into the concrete pad of the house, this is how it was built in, coming out into the footpath to the connections further up in the pavement. We can dial out but get no response only a loud noise, no one can dial in. I was asked via a customer service person we would have to pay £99.98, plus, £65 per hour for them to call out, yet, they don't know where the fault is, they say there are issues with the line but cannot say where they are coming from. I'm not prepared to pay that amount of money up front when they haven't ascertained where and whom is responsible for the fault. I've emailed serveral time to sky helplines and have not received much help, except asking for money. The service is very poor, and not helpful to those of us who don't know much about telephone lines. Why they don't make house calls now is so silly and not good customer services, we are retired my husband as a heart condition and we have no mobiles or mainline telephone for emergencies, I'm afraid we may have to change our whole package to one more reliable if nothing happens soon.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi barbiedoll2,

We have responded to your post through a similar thread.

To view please click this link.

Regards

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
feedup12345

Have just been set up on sky talk 23 December but my line is dead and my had box says no phone line found any help please I am getting feed up now I have tried 3 different phone

joolsvern76 wrote:

PS THIS IS NOT USEFULL AT ALL EITHER, I CANNOT RING TO FIND OUT   AS DUH!! I HAVE NO WORKING LINE AND I CANNOT FIND THE ONLINE HELP WHERE I CAN SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO COULD HELP ME STRAIGHT AWAY. I AM FUMING, HOW IS THIS FORUM GOING TO HELP ME GET MY PHONE SORTED NOW????? OH AND THE BILL HAS BEEN PAID SO DON'T TELL ME THAT  IS THE PROBLEM.....

joolsvern76 wrote:

PS THIS IS NOT USEFULL AT ALL EITHER, I CANNOT RING TO FIND OUT   AS DUH!! I HAVE NO WORKING LINE AND I CANNOT FIND THE ONLINE HELP WHERE I CAN SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO COULD HELP ME STRAIGHT AWAY. I AM FUMING, HOW IS THIS FORUM GOING TO HELP ME GET MY PHONE SORTED NOW????? OH AND THE BILL HAS BEEN PAID SO DON'T TELL ME THAT  IS THE PROBLEM.....

joolsvern76 wrote:

joolsvern76 wrote:

joolsvern76 wrote:

and not a thing  I am thinking of cancelling the lot at this rate 

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi feedup12345,

I am sorry to hear that you currently have no service with your phone line.

As this is your first post, would you be able to supply me with any checks that you have tried to resolve this?

Have you had a look at our No Dial Tone troubleshooting on our website to see if this helps?

If this does not work for you can you please contact us so that an agent can assist you further in getting this problem sorted out.

Many thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
feedup12345

hi i have tryed 3 diffrent phones gone throw the diffrent web sites . my box also says no phone line  all i get is a odd sound from the phone any help please fedup

Community Coordinator
Shelz

[ Edited ]

Hi fedup,

I appreciate the post back.

Sorry this hasn't worked. Could you please tell me if you have tried the main socket where the line comes into the property and also taking the face plate off so you can try the "test socket" behind the socket if you have it? To see what I am asking you to do please look at this post for further instructions.

Come back and tell me how you get on with this. 

Thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
TRAE

Please help ....I live in the heywood area and my services ...(telephone and broadband) along with neighbours have been off since late mon evening.....no explanation and costing a small fortune to contact sky via mobile..... and still no service .....spoke to a live advisor who said they only deal with tv issues and i need to ring technical team.....but i cant as wasted all credit already ...... really frustrated and unhappy ....

Staff (Retired)
StacieB

Hi TRAE,

I have responded to you on your other thread here.

Thanks.

Occasional Visitor
naughty+sky

Need to contact someone... have no phone for 2 days.... reported it on 20/08/12. Phone line is active but no dialling tone. Phone number/line receiving calls but we have no rings - nothing!! Caller display is working. We have tried trouble shooting with no success... not happy. Please can you get back to me. Have seen the forum and very concerned about seemingly poor Customer Service... will not be happy to pay for a service I am not receiving. Look forward to hearing from you.

Occasional Visitor
daisyk25

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

naughty+sky wrote:

Need to contact someone... have no phone for 2 days.... reported it on 20/08/12. Phone line is active but no dialling tone. Phone number/line receiving calls but we have no rings - nothing!! Caller display is working. We have tried trouble shooting with no success... not happy. Please can you get back to me. Have seen the forum and very concerned about seemingly poor Customer Service... will not be happy to pay for a service I am not receiving. Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi naughty+sky, I'm sorry you did not receive a response before now.

Can you confirm you have tried all the advice here?

If you can confirm you have tried the phone on it's own in the test socket, if you have one, and have tried a different phone then we can see about opening a fault ticket.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

[ Edited ]

daisyk25 wrote:

Hi daisyk25, welcome to the community.

Can we help with something?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator