Help
Help

Sky Talk
Occasional Visitor
Steve8262

Re: Phone Technical Issues - Nottingham

Hi I live in London N20 I also lost Phone and Internet connection for around an hour at lunchtime the internet service resumed after a hour but not the telephone still no dial tone have tried test socket to no avail?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
John-B

Hi Steve8262

Welcome to the community and thanks for making your first post.

Can you confirm whether you have tried any of our Sky Talk troubleshooting?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
paul+warren

could some one check my phone line still cracken still

Occasional Visitor
Robin+Bailey

My phone service is non existant and internet is intermittent.been waiting 8 days now.all i get is useless promises and requests to wait which started at 2 days now up to 3 days.BUT they don't use days they say hours to try to make it sound better.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi paul+warren, as this requires accessing your account and having your details you would need to get in touch if the troubleshooting here does not help.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Robin+Bailey, sorry to hear this is taking some time to resolve. What were you last advised and what does the ticket say on www.sky.com/trackmyfault?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
wozzafoxyroxi

[ Edited ]

just been talking on phone, when line went dead, tried to call back but as soon as i hit a number line sounds like a fax machine, can call 999, but thats all?????

live in NG6 area of Nottingham

Staff (Retired)
kirsty+d

Hi wozzafoxyroxi,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your enquiry.

We do not have any known issues in your are at the moment.

Can you confirm if you have microfilters on your phone sockets? It may be worth changing the filter.

Can I ask you to try troubleshooting in relation to the phone line?

If this does not help you should also be able to call out on 150 and get in touch with us.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

tiahmaria

I agree, I am in Manchester and have been having the same problem, crackling line, no dial tone, can't ring out (so can't phone SKY) and my router keeps crashing 4 or 5 times a day EVERY day for the last few months. I had problems with a previous router but when I rang SKY they kept telling me it was MY equipment that was faulty until eventually after numerous lengthy phone calls (which they charged me for) they agreed it was their router and sent me a different one which worked immediately.

I know other people in my area having the same problems so I agree, it cannot be the fault of just Nottingham exchange.

Come on SKY, I cannot phone you and this is the only way I can contact you.

I am fed up now and will definately not be renewing my contract in April.

Staff (Retired)
GRF4784

Hi tiahmaria,

Thanks for taking the time out to post your query on the Forum.

It's sad to see that your currently having an issue with you Sky Talk at the moment, can I get you to try the following troubleshooting to see if this helps at all.

Please come back to us and let us know how you get on.

Many Thanks, 

tiahmaria

Hi,

thank you for responding. I have checked my phones & microfilters, in fact I have done everything except fit a new phone. This is very annoying as I cannot contact SKY to resolve this, it would be helpful if you could check my line but you don't know who I am or where I am to do this.

I cannot ring out, I can't hear incoming calls for the extremely loud crackle and my caller display seems to have dissappeared. My router keeps crashing can only stay online a few minutes at a time.

I know it is NOT my equipment though I have given SKY the benefit of the doubt AGAIN and run through your troubleshooting. 

Please sort this out asap.

Staff (Retired)
batweb79

Hi tiahmaria,

To rule out your equipment completely we would need you to plug a different phone into the main phone point in the house, without a microfilter, and into the test point if you have one (I've included a picture below).

Once you have tried that we would need to you call the SkyTalk Tech team, from your mobile or alternative number, to have them investigate and book an engineer if required.

phonesocket.jpg

Barry
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
richard+donnellon

dear sirs, since we changed over from virgin phone line to sky phone line the phone line has never been clear to make any phone calls or to receive any calls . The constant crackling on the line is making it impossible to talk or listen to anybody. If this carry on I will have no option to return to VIRGIN.

Community Coordinator
jason-d

Hi richard+donnellon

First of welcome to the Sky Help Forum and posting what we hope will be the first of many posts. :smileyhappy:

I'm sorry to hear that your having an issue with your telephone service which is affecting you so bad that you are looking to cancel, which is the last thing we would want you to do.

Have you contacted us at all regarding this issue? If you haven't then I suggest that you contact us and for a technical advisor to go through troubleshooting with you and then to maybe escalate the problem further. I can appreciate that it will difficult to call from your landline with this issue ongoing. So if your calling from a mobile when your at the property, ask the advisor to call you back right away. This will save you any expense and in most cases they will be more than happy to do so.

Please let us know how you get on with that.

Thanks

jason-d
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
elaine+mcmillan

Having problems with my phone line the same as other customers please help as cannot phone sky.