Help
Help

Sky Talk
Occasional Visitor
Roh1
Accepted Solution

Phone Technical Issues - Nottingham

Since About 1pm yesterday we started noticing some tech issues on our phoneline and internet, mainly the phoneline with skytalk was becoming crackly and subsequently got worse to the point now where there isn't a dialtone just a lot of crackling.

We've tried changing all microfilters, disconnecting everything but the phone and lastly using just a wired phone directly into the Master Socket (removed the screw and used the internal one) at all stages the problem has remained unchanged. The broadband is working although performance seems poorer, but if attempting to use the phone it completely cuts out (incoming and outgoing calls).

As have no phoneline now cannot call ont he skyline to report the issue either. Our postcode is NG9, (0115 area code) are there any issues in this area or can this be raised to invesitigate?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Roh1

Re: Phone Technical Issues - Nottingham

Have also been through the skyhelp troubleshooter have tested as above and other bits aren't relevent.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Roh1, 

Welcome to the Sky Help Forum, there are currently no reported issues in the Nottingham area, I appreciate that you have already perform troubleshooting to rule out your own equipment, can you tell us if you have a test socket (see picture below) can you connect to this and let us know if you still have no dial tone?

I'd also recommend trying a different phone handset (corded preferabbly and not one from the same set of cordless phones) before contacting our Customer Help team if this is the case to report the issue for further investigation.

Thanks,

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Roh1

Hi Robert

As above have used the Test Socket with 2 different Wired Phones, neither made any difference implying ther eis no incoming connection. Im also unable to contact the customer help team by phone due to the phonelinw not working.

Staff (Retired)
hadouken-andy

Hi Roh1,

Thanks for trying that out and getting back to us. So we can get this looked at right away, If possible are you able to contact us using an alternative landline or mobile? If this is the case, one of my colleagues will be more than happy to ring you back right away to save credit/allowance.

Again, we'd love to know how you get on. Keep us updated.

Occasional Visitor
BAE1

Hi Roh1,

I am in Oxford and having exactly the same problems as you described but for about 2 weeks now. I haven't got as far a testing/changing microfilters and now I probably won't bother. I am just about to call SKY and see what they can do...if I can get through.

Occasional Visitor
cath+taylor

i am from ng20 and also  have the same problem with outgoing and incoming calls, does anyone at sky really want us to pay for services we cannot use, because i dont.

Staff
John-B

Hi cath+taylor

Thanks for taking the time to visit our Forum and making your first post, hope this is the first of many.

As you have not provided any information in regards to any troubleshooting you have tried, can you please try our Sky Talk troubleshooting and let us know how you get on.

If the troubleshooting does not resolve your issue, then I suggest you contact us directly so we can look further into your issue.

Thanks

John-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
momcmullen

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi momcmullen,

Welcome to the Sky Forum.:smileyhappy:

To be able to help you further could you please give us more information on what issues you are having?

If you are having Sky Talk Technical Issues have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps from the Sky Help Centre?

Please give them a try as they can help resolve most issues and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks.

Tricia07
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Johnea95

I have been having similar issues with my phone line i.e. . Painfully load crackling on the line, slow internet access and occasional dropped line. Some days are worse than others and some calls are worse than others. I live in DE56 postcode area so not convinced this has anything to do with the Nottingham exchange. I have tried changing the line filter but do not have a spare phone (chorded or otherwise) to try. Bit of a co-incidence that so many handsets should be causing problems all at the same time.

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi John95,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you :smileysad:

Are you still experiencing that same issue today?

If so, have you connected your phone directly ino your test socket with no other devices connected?

Let me know,

Many thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Tracey69m

I live in Huddersfield in Yorkshire and Im having the same problem.

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Tracey69m

Thanks for taking the time to join the Help Forum. 

Are you able to try all the steps from the Sky Help Centre to see if there is a problem inside your property?

Once you have tried all these steps and you are still having issues, I would suggest you get in touch with us, this will allow us to look into this issue further for you and have this escalated if required.

Don't worry if you have to call from a mobile, as once you are connected to one of the team they will call you back to help you out. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
COLWILKS

If i keep getting a busy line from my landline and not when i try the same number on a mobile, who do i need to contact to get the problem fixed ?