Help
Help

Sky Talk
Regular Visitor
Hixxy
Accepted Solution

No dial tone and no broadband

I live in Oxford and my phone is dead with no dial tone. The internet has gone down too. Using a dongle on my laptop I can now get online to post this and I find that sky server status says that there are no issues in Oxford.

Thinking it must be just me I phoned my mums mobile as she lives in Oxford too and her internet and line is dead too.

So is there a problem in Oxford  ?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Re: No dial tone and no broadband

Hi Hixxy,

I would recommend following the tips on our Sky Talk Troubleshooting thread to try and resolve this.

Thanks

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Powerhoofer

hi hixxy rubbish service by sky if you ask me

Occasional Visitor
zebbieboo

we have got the same problem, we live in nottinghamshire

Visitor
prof+573v3

Same in east london poplar exchange. Troubleshooting guide is no good. The line just stopped working. How about putting up some service statements if somthing is broken
Community Coordinator
Robert

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys, there is a Service Status page that is updated regularly to reflect any major incidents and issues that are affecting Sky services.

If you've checked this page and there's no fault listed, provided you have completed the troubleshooting steps on the Sky Help Centre you would need to contact the Sky Talk Customer Help team to report the fault so that line tests and diagnostics can be run and if necessary the fault escalated.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Adrian45

The same problem i have in Stockport. It is already 3 days since started but no change even i do the instruction for so many times. We need somebody from SKy to go in our place to check the problem! HELP, WE WANT BROADBAND AND PHONE ON CHRISTMAS DAY!!

Occasional Visitor
ram123

Same problem. no dial tone, no broadband. Sky is just unreliable. in one word they are "useless". 

Occasional Visitor
Adrian45

This has been resolved after 4 days.. sorry for the late reply!

I think there is fault during the snowy time where BT lines are disconnected.

I called Sky TEam and they help me by sending BT service Engr.

Thanks, this is solved now!

Occasional Visitor
DarrenD2012

hi robert here is one for you i have no dial tone and no internet other than my dongle so how do i ring the customer services i have been without a phone now for over 2 weeks and when i called on the 28th i was told it would be working yesterday

Occasional Visitor
harlou123

same problem, no dial tone and no braodband since wed evening (13/4/11). Phoned sky who arranged an engineer to fix prob on Thurs afternoon, waited all afternoon and no one turned up - called next morning and was told that BT decided to cancel appointment and didn't bother to let me know so new appointment aranged for today btwn 8am and 1pm - again no one turned up and still no phone or broadband!!!

just checked status page and that was next to useless as it shows both sky talk and broadband having no issues...!

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi DarrenD2012, If you have no dial tone the troubleshooting here may help. If not please contact us. If you call from a mobile or alternate land line or advisors will normally be happy to call you back when your landline is down.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi harlou123, I apologise as this should not happen. If you contact us then we will get in touch with Openreach to find out what is happening and arrange for them to attend.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi harlou123, I've been advised this is now resolved? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

A.M
Visitor
A.M

Please help Sky advisors,

I have been waiting for my line to be activated for a bout 4 weeks now and at the end I got no dial tone.

I am having neither dial tone nor broadband now which is really very frustrating.

All troubleshooting tips have been tried to no effect.

I had to call Customer Services from my mobile and they said it will take them up to 72 hrs to sort that out.

It's more than a week now since I reported that fault but the issue has not been resolved yet. 

Even if it's BT Openreach's fault, Sky still has the obligation to find a solution ASAP. We're paying Sky not BT.

case ID: 1000 3589 0104