Help
Help

Sky Talk
Occasional Visitor
vic1971
Accepted Solution

International calls

How can I block international numbers ringing me? They ring at least 5 times a day at all hours. Its sometimes a recorded message or sometimes there is actually someone there. I am registered with the TMS service but this hasn't stop them ringing. Any help in stopping this would be greatly appreciated!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: International calls

Hi vic1971, unfortunately it is not possible to stop these calls coming through. Registering with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) can help reduce calls from UK companies inside the UK.

I would suggest contacting our Sky Talk team to raise this issue further and possibly request a number change if this persists or starts to get worse.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cassaman

just to let you know before i came to sky i never had this problem of international calls coming into me and really get on my nerves i was with virgin and never had this problem. i presume sky have something to do with this as i cannot find any way that they can have got my number. is it possable for all are phone numbers to be sold to marketing companies as with other things that are being sold to to drum up buisness ?

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi cassaman, 

Thank you for your post. 

It is possible that if you have not opted out of marketing preferences that Sky could have passed your details onto 3rd party companies, however this is unlikely to be international numbers 

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.