Help
Help

Sky Talk
Regular Visitor
TwilightDelight

Re: Broadband works .... but phone line is dead

When I tried to click on trouble shooting just brought me back to this page, ? Cant record or pause just get sky and playback unavailable please call 08422 410800 for assistance,As ive already explained its working one day and not the next, we haven't done anything so don't know what it is

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
TwilightDelight

just been reading through the forum and seems a lot are having same problem with there phones, funny how you all seem to say try the trouble shooting,why should we have to look for the fault when its obviously not our fault :smileysad:

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
TwilightDelight

well still NO phone and now when i try to pause live TV is says system fault, so id say its a fault some where and nothing ive done just like i keep saying,hmmm and still nothing is being done or is anyone trying to resolve this for me or contact me :smileymad:

Staff (Retired)
Samantha-K

Hi TwilightDelight,

Sorry about that troubleshooting link.

We ask you to try the troubleshooting so as we can rule everything out before we take it further as it may be something that requires a quick fix you could do yourself.

Can I ask you to try this. Can you select the step which illustrates your issue with your phone best.

Thanks

Regular Visitor
TwilightDelight

[ Edited ]

thx for reply I've already tried everything,tried normal phone in main line and nothing, as in previous posts was working one day then suddenly dead phone then I made one call yesterday then dead again my daughter managed to phone me earlier but usually just gets an engaged tone,been trying every thing and still nothing works,my TV is still not letting me live pause still saying system fault cant record ,cant even watch programmes already recorded, takes its time listing the programmes, this is 3 days now ive had the problem

oh and also tried the router status to make sure router was ok and tried the sky test but got an error ,so how am i getting errors if my interent is working?

The Sky Test was unable to detect the Internet connection

Error code:200
Staff (Retired)
Samantha-K

TwilightDelight,

Okay I have sent you a personal message so as we can look into your issues further.

Thanks

Regular Visitor
TwilightDelight

yes my phone is working again,had to change the  micro spliter and get another phone but my TV is still playing up no  pausing or recording?

Occasional Visitor
sweet+mammy+10

my internet was working but had problems with my house phone, i tried everything suggested on here with no results. I am pleased to say within less than 48 hours of sending sky a complaint by email, i had a bt engineer out fixing the line. Thank you sky for acting so quickly.

Occasional Visitor
katieh49

Re: Broadband works .... But phone line is dead

I have the same problem, have broadband working fine but cant get a dial tone to call out and when people are trying to call my land line are being told there is a fault on the line.

I reported the problem at 1.15 yesterday from my mothers phone as I don't have another phone to ring on I rely on my landline provided by sky, I was told I would be phoned back within half an hour, 1 hour later I received a call only to be told the application to check the line was not working so the operator would call me back in 2 minutes when working again, however I never received a call back.

At 8 o'clock last night my mother phoned on behalf of me and the advisor said they would call me on my mobile within 5 minutes, again thought 45 minutes later no reply, my mother has phoned again at 8.30 and I received a call from an advisor but not from sky talk just from sky customer services she could not answer the questions I needed to know and told me the fault had been noted at around 6 am yesterday and the very first advisor should of told us it was a problem in the local exchange. I was told the problem would have to be fixed by 6 am this morning as it would of then been out 24 hours, on waking up this morning at 8.30 am and trying the phone it is still not working.

Being 38 weeks pregnant and possibly going into labour at any time this is not what I need or expect from my provider I have expressed that I am heavy pregnant and have young children to all sky advisors. I think this is discusting!

Staff (Retired)
kirsty+d

Re: Broadband works .... But phone line is dead

Hi katieh49,

Welcome to the Help Forum and thank you for contacting us.

I am really disappointed that you have are unhappy with your treatment and can totally understand the frustration this has caused, particularly in your circumstances.

Can I ask you to confirm the area that you are in and we can check the status at your exchange?

Many thanks,

Occasional Visitor
kezzy1974

i used my phone this morning went out to came home to no dialing tone only went over to sky talk last month my brodband and tv works fine,i went over to sky thinking i would save some money but begining to wish i never changed phone company,i even tryed talking to a advisor in line to be told thay couldnt help me and call another department,explaind i have no other phone to call from,and no credit on mobile to call them to be told again if u call another department plzzzzzz does nothing sink in or is it just me i need my house phone as my little girl is offen ill and need hospita treatment,this really isnt on get more angryas time goes on,

Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Hi kezzy1974

Sorry to hear that you are still having an issue with your phone.

We would need to access your account to look into this further, I will send you a private message for more details and if you could respond to that as soon as you can please.

Thanks

kirkie50
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.