Help
Help

Sky Talk
Occasional Visitor
MargieR
Accepted Solution

2 people cannot get through on my 'phone number, just rings out

Has anyone had this problem?  I cannot seem to get it resolved through customer services.

At least two prime members of my family are unable to contact me on my recently acquired Sky line. I am a Barnstaple number.  The two family are Barnstaple and nearby Bideford and from different providers. When they ring, despite me waiting by my 'phone, it does not ring. They can hear the ringing tone which just goes on and on and does not go into my ansamachine. When the line was first switched from Talk Talk, this problem was initially actually the opposite. They were the ONLY two who COULD reach me! No-one else in my calling circle of friends and family were able to reach me, and reported it just rang and rang and rang.  So I reported the problem and eventually it was admitted that there had been a mix up, I believe over numbers, and the problem was allegedly "fixed". Except that it was only reversed, and now the two who could reach me initially, now find they cannot. Surely there must be a clue there somewhere?  It was suggested that the people who could not ring me, contact their technical support. This has been done, but they are assured there is no fault at their end. One person not being able to contact me, ok, might be feasible, just, but two? 

BT are responsible for the land line, and Sky say they themselves are only resposible for outgoing calls.  But BT say they have done tests and there is no problem with the line. 

One of the family who cannot get me are with TalkTalk.  They can however get my friend who is a Barnstaple number and who is also with Sky.  Another friend in Barnstaple is with Talk Talk and she IS able to get me.  I am at my wits end as to what to do next, as I am an elderly lady, and rely on the daily contact of these members of my family to check up on me.  Any help would be so much appreciated.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: 2 people cannot get through on my 'phone number, just rings out

Hi MargieR, 

I'm afraid as this is an incoming call issue and you have indicated that your line rental provider is not Sky. You would need to raise this with your Line Rental provider to report a fault on the line.

Sky is your calls package provider, and we are only responsible for outgoing calls on your line. We do not have the facility or authorisation to report a fault like this on your line.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
MargieR

BT own the line (so I believe) but Sky rents the line from BT surely, as I pay Sky one amount which covers line rental. 

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi MargieR, 

Apologies for the confusion, if you pay your line rental to Sky then please use the Contact Us page to report this issue to our Customer Help team who can test the line and raise a fault if required to Openreach.

If you don't pay line rental to Sky for your line then your line rental provider would be responsible for reporting the fault to Openreach for investigation.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
linda.joyce

my telephone just rings out and no one can get through to talk to me i have had it checked  by my daughter and it is still down

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Linda.joyce 

Thanks for taking the time to join the Help Forum. 

Can you confirm that you have tried all the troubleshooting steps from here.

Let me know how things go.

Cheers  

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator