Help
Help

Sky Talk
Occasional Visitor
JennyP6
Accepted Solution

1571 Not working now I have switched from BT to SKY.

Can anyone give me any advice/help?

I have recently swopped my phone from BT to Sky Talk. My package had a number of things added to it including caller id and 1571. The caller id is working fine, however I am having a real problem with 1571.

When I dial 1571 from my phone, i get a message saying that the service isnt working on this line. However on my sky talk account it clearly says it has been added.

I rang Sky and explained the situation, and they have told me there may be a 'fault' and that basically if we wanted it fixing/looking at a engineer would need to be sent out, but before this could happen we would have to agree to have a mandatory read to us and agree to pay charges, which is completely ridiculous!

My 1571 has always worked with BT and I have never had any kind of problem. I ended up on the phone for an hour, talking to different levels of people, with no resolvement, and them still insisting by 'law' that I would have to listen to the mandatory and pay charges.

As a new customer, I dont think I should have to be debating this matter when this is a fault that has only occured since moving to sky talk and I am completely fustrated. Please can anyone offer any advice on this matter, as I am disgusted with the way this is being handled at the moment?

Kind regards.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: 1571 Not working now I have switched from BT to SKY.

Hi JennyP6, 

I'm sorry to hear this. It would appear that the advisor may not have explained this correctly, with a calling feature related issue such as 1571 Voicemail not working in the first instance we will follow all troubleshooting processes to eliminate any chance that there may be a fault with your equipment.

Once troubleshooting has been completed, the next step would be to raise this for further investigation. Calling feature issues are normally raised to our Customer Solutions Team for further diagnostics. Any mandatory statements that are read to you have to be covered and accepted as this is a regulatory requirement before we can raise a fault to Openreach if necessary for further investigation.

The likelyhood of any charges being applied are slim provided all troubleshooting steps have been completed as we follow these to minimize the possibility of a fault inside your property. Faults that arise on the network or outside your house are not chargable, charges only apply if the fault is found to be with your phones, equipment you have connected to the line or internal wiring for extension sockets.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Vin05

I have the same problem, mine says disabled. Sky emails say it is active, but when I try it, I get the same message

Occasional Visitor
Helsbels1

Hi,

I have the same problem.  Have only recently changed from BT to SKY and now I no longer have the 1571 facility. I can't find anywhere on the SKY website which enables me to set up this facility.

Help please?

Occasional Visitor
Judrop45

I also have the same problem and checked with sky that this service was on my account along with the caller display, had skytalk for a month now. Can someone jsut please sort it out

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi,

I appreciate it is frustrating that you are unable to receive messages due to this fault.

I would advise first of all to follow our troubleshooting thread to see if this will resolve, if it doesn't resolve the post also advises how to contact us to escalate it for investigation.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
AnotherReply

My understanding is that 1571 is a software facility. As such following the Fault procedure of unplugging equipment etc. is somewhat pointless. If you have dialtone, and if the facility is activated by Sky, it should work......

Occasional Visitor
tizzy22

Exactly the same thing. Switched to sky line rental from BT get no 1571 that works. Says i can order it when I dial 1571 from....no other than BT !???! Caller display is fine ?

Sort it out Sky. Obviously dont want to pay BT for it when comes as your package. What do I need to do ??  as online it says I have it when clearly I dont :smileysad:

Staff (Retired)
GregorA

Hi tizzy22,

Firstly it's great to see you have brought your query to the Sky Forum and it's a pleasure to welcome you.

I can understand how frustrated you must be with this at the moment, however have you been in contact with us directly to discuss this? If it's showing it's activated on your MySky then I am not sure why it's not working.

We look forward to hearing from you again.

Regards.

Contributor
Lozw

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem - I also have no caller ID or 1571 since switching from SKy

Having discussed this with the call centre it appears they are unable to activate these service until Sky have installed their own exchange equipment

See http://www1.sky.com/networktransfer/

Consequently my account is barred from having any changes to the Sky Talk service until that is complete.

Anyone who has also switched recently and not had their exchange upgraded by Sky will be in a similar position and will have to wait until the transfer is completed.

This has been going on for several weeks now in my case, and Sky say the work will be completed next month at which time I should call back and have the services turned on.  Given the track record I have with sky resolving other problems for me, I am not confident...

But why wasn't I told this when I signed up?  Why did it take several calls to find this out - having been fobbed off with other excuses in the process.

And why does no forum advisor seem to know this?

Or have I been told just more porkies by the call centre to get rid of me for another month?

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Lozw, 

I appreciate your frustration, from what you've described it would appear that your line may be migrating to our Sky Voice & Broadband Network which simply means that your connection at the exchange is being swapped over to our equipment for both voice and broadband.

When this migration starts we have to lock the features on the line and are unable to make any changes until the migration has completed which can take up to 14 days. We should have an expected completion date for your migration linked to your account, have you been advised of this?

Robert
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Lozw

I have been told it will be completed next week. But 14 days? I haven't had voice mail or caller ID for 6 weeks!
Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Lozw, 

Thanks for that, as soon as the change is completed next week we should be able to process the change for you.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Lozw

Robert wrote:

Hi Lozw, 

Thanks for that, as soon as the change is completed next week we should be able to process the change for you.

I can report that I called today to have the services enabled.

They were able to do it this time as presumably the network upgrades have been completed.

An hour or so later, and I have caller ID and voice mail. :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Staff (Retired)
StacieB

Hi Lozw,

Many thanks for getting back to us.

I'm glad to hear that the issue has now been resolved for you. If you have any other questions, we are always here to help.

Thanks.