Help
Help

Sky Talk
Occasional Visitor
Argus
Accepted Solution

1471 AGAIN!!!!

Another 1471 question...why do SKY charge you for this service even when NOT using the redial option,All I use it for is to check if I was called when out but seems SKY charge you for this service which BT gave you for FREE??

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: 1471 AGAIN!!!!

Hi Argus, 

We do not charge for this service however it has been brought to our attention that some customers are being charged.

This is currently under investigation and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information. You can view the topic discussion about this issue at the link below.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Ordering-Setup/1471-Call-Charges/td-p/47843/jump-to/first-unread-message

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Tiger800

Argus,

Do not worry  - you are NOT alone in this problem ............... had in now on my last TWO bills and to stop it occurring again I have taken the decision NOT TO USE this service any more (for now!!!).

I reported the problem to Sky and this is the initial reply I received :-

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

I have looked at our systems tonight and your account information billing and I would confirm that our systems are detailing the 1471 ringback feature was in fact used to return calls on 4 separate occasions. There is no other physical way that these charges would appear on the billing unless the callback feature had been used by pressing 3 to return the call and so the charges are correct.

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

Kind regards

Karen

Sky Help Centre

---------------------------------------------------------------------------!

When I sent my initial enquiry to this problem I advised them (Sky) that I had NOT used the Call Back feature (so their reply basically calls me a liar!) and to check I had NOT USED this service all they needed to do is check the actual call this 'call back' service would have made - but this simple way of checking to see if I had made a return call failed to register with them?

I then sent a second enquiry to their help Staff - complaining about the above reply and again advising the Call Back feature was being billed to my account despite the fact I had not used it and the reply I got to this was an apology for the 'tone' of the first reply and a goodwill gesture payment of £10 to cover the charges (and most likely future additional charges!). With regard to the Call Back charges being billed despite not using the Call Back feature the reply was basically the same :-

(QUOTE)

"I have spoken with a colleague In the relevant department who has advised we have no known issues with the calling features and that the systems appear to functioning properly.

I am not In any way questioning your Integrity or Indeed the veracity of the claim you make. We will monitor this particular issue and make sure it is working correctly and take any action that is required."

Kind regards

David

Sky Help Centre

So despite the initial CLAIM by Sky that there was no know technical issue - it would appear to us that there most defiantly IS - which is strange (to me) given the vast amount of modern monitoring systems they (Sky) and BT have to hand to check not only their systems but to monitor all our actual calls and line usage each and every day?

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Tiger800,

We are sorry to hear you have had this ongoing and are still waiting for a resolution. We acknowledge that you require help to get this issue sorted so we will investigate the matter and try to seek a suitable resolution for you. We will make contact again once we have an update.

Thanks

Robert
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi All,

We are aware of a 1471 charging issue that has affected a proportion of Sky Network customers.

Some of you may have noticed incorrect 1471 option 3 call return charges on your bill when the actual call made was 1471 only. We have fixed the issue to ensure that no incorrect 1471 charges will appear on your bill from now on.  

We will be crediting customers’ accounts with any incorrectly billed 1471 charges automatically within the next 28 days, so there is no need to call in to organise a credit.

We apologise for this error. 

Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
trent.chipchase

this is free isnt it

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi trent.chipchase, calling 1471 is free but using it to return a call is not. If you press 3 a 12p charge is applied regardless of whether the person you are calling answers the phone. If the call is connected you will be charged at your normal Sky Talk rate.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator