Help
Help

Sky Remotes & Accessories
Occasional Visitor
Tracy+Mac

Re: VOLUME AND MUTE CONTROLS NOT WORKING ON SKY REMOTE

I have a Sky+ HD box and I can't get the volume controls to work with my television. It is a Panasonic TXL37E3B. Can you suggest any fixes?

I have just upgraded from a Sky+ box, but never had volume control on the previous one either. Never bothered to see if there was a fix. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

Tracy+Mac wrote:

I have a Sky+ HD box and I can't get the volume controls to work with my television. It is a Panasonic TXL37E3B. Can you suggest any fixes?

I have just upgraded from a Sky+ box, but never had volume control on the previous one either. Never bothered to see if there was a fix. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

If you have a rev.6 or 8 remote the code you require is 0678 for a rev.9 it is 1664

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Tracy+Mac

Thank you so much for the very quick response. Yes, it worked.

For those following this chain, I'd recommend you follow the instructions on http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/operate-tv-with-sky-remote/. I tried the 'removing the battery instruction' in one of the above posts and wasn't getting anywhere. Once I followed the instructions at the link above (and it is where you can look up your remote code for your specific TV), it worked perfectly.

Thanks again, Kato.

-t

Occasional Visitor
cer311

Hi

I am having this problem - remote worked fine for a while but now will not control TV

I have a rev.8R remote and  Sony KDL40EX723

I can not find my model when I look on sky active and have tried the code 1853 but it does not work

Staff (Retired)
Jenny-S

Hi cer311,

Have you tried any of the other codes for Sony, which can be found here?

Jenny
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
bungy4

Re remote control for Samsung tried the code 2079 did not work saw your number 0730 bingo it worked thank you
Occasional Visitor
JMiller

cheers, i had the same problem with my remote and LG tv, followed the link and its now working!!

thanks  :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
Ricobran

I am having the same problem. I have a Sony KDL-32S3000 with a Rev9 remote. I have tried 1853, 1533, 0681 and 1679, and have also tried taking out one of the batteries, but it's still not working.

P.S. Just to double check, I do have to press the SELECT button after entering the code? Only on Sky Interactive instructions it doesn't say press SELECT.

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi Ricobran,

Thanks for pointing this out to us - I have emailed a few of my colleagues regarding this. As soon as we hear back - we will let you know.

Regards,
Anne
Community Coordinator

Staff (Retired)
GarryC

Hi Ricoban,

The Select button does not need to be pressed after entering the code. The reason that the select button is still supported is for when using a 3 digit number. For example if the setup code is 0533 (Sony) then you can either enter 533 followed by select or 0533 with no select. For setup codes that do not start with 0 this option is not available and select is not required.

Here are all the Sony TV codes: 

1533  1853  1679  0679  0533  1653  1038  1779  0038  0039  0381  1579  0862  1713  0064  0838  0770  0185

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Frequent Visitor
Mr.Morgan

I am having the same problem. I've just purchased a Bush 42 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview Titanium LED TV from Argos (BLED42FHDAE) and my volume button has stopped working. Never had a problem before with my Sony TV.

I have tried several codes given to me from Sky and neither have worked. I have a version 8 (Rev 8) remote control.

Please help.

Mr Morgan

themrs

I replaced our Sky+ remote today and followed the set-up instructions. One of the reasons we replaced it was because we had to get up and stand about 3 ft from the tv to adjust the volume. We still have this issue with the new remote. The brand of tv is Panasonic and model is TX28CK1L. I used the code 1678.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi Mr.Morgan,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post, and also welcome to the forum.

It sounds like the remote control has lost the code that controls the volume and mute buttons. Can you try following the steps on this page and let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
Mr.Morgan

Hi Anne,

Thank you for your responce.

I followed this before I posted my comment. I was offered several codes and neither worked.

Mr Morgan

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi Mr.Morgan,

I take it when you went to the interactive tool on our website, you have tried all the codes available on it (by clicking the submit button after the first 3 codes that are shown).

Have you also had a look at the interactive help through the Sky box itself as there are also codes available here?

Thanks,
Anne
Community Coordinator