Help
Help

Sky Remotes & Accessories
georgieporgie2011
Accepted Solution

Remote buttons - only volume working

I hope someone can help!  Our sky remote used via a magic eye no longer works properly.  The only buttons that work are the volume buttons and standby.  All the other buttons don't do anything although the red led light does come on when you press them, so there's nothing wrong with the actual remote, it must be the set up.  We moved some of our boxes around but are now back in their original place, and all the connections seem fine.  The remote with the actual sky box works fine, it's just the link to the tv with the magic eye that is the problem.  Any ideas?  Thanks! x

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

Re: Remote buttons - only volume working

You may have to reprogram the remote but you could try removing one battery,hold down the select button for 60 seconds before replacing the battery.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
georgieporgie2011

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately the battery idea didn't work.  How do you reprogram the remote?  Thanks

Super User
kato

Follow the advice in the link.http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
georgieporgie2011

Still not working:-(  I tried re-linking using the tv code but this didn't work either.  If anyone else has any suggestions that would be great.  Thanks.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Physically check your connections again.  They may look OK, but there may be an intermittent decoupling caused by a loose connector.

georgieporgie2011

Hi.  Connections all ok.  Swapped the remotes over between the two rooms and the other remote works with the magic eye, so it looks like it's the remote that's the issue rather than tvlink or connections.  Any other thoughts?! thanks

georgieporgie2011

All sorted from a reply from Kato on another post.  I did the following -

Sky remotes - reprogram standard to operate Sky+ or HD and vice versa

As the title says how to reprogram Sky remotes (and reset them to factory defaults which can cure non operating remotes. All remotes have at least 8 different modes (HD have 12). Obviously standard remotes do not have the Sky+ function buttons but recordings can be played from the planner by highlighting and pressing "Select" twice and stopped by pressing "Backup" - no pause, FF, Rewind or Record buttons (but recordings can be set from pressing "record" on the box.

For most remotes Version 4 and later (white label inside battery cover)
1 Press "TV"
2 Press and hold "Select" and "Yellow" together until red led in remote end flashes twice (On HD remotes "Select" and "i" together) - if it doesn't flash twice then remote cannot be reprogrammed (clone or too old)
3 Press "0" to operate standard box, "1" for Sky+ and on HD remotes "2" for HD - remotes in Sky+ mode will normally control HD boxes as well
4 Press "Select" - red led should flash twice
5 Press "Sky" and away you go

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

[ Edited ]

Which box are you trying to control, and with which remote? - Sky, Sky+ or Sky+HD

EDIT: You got it sorted.  Well done. 

Occasional Visitor
buffy+summers

Thank  you so much! Worked first time.

Occasional Visitor
Pollyanna+F

brilliant,! I just spent 15 mins on the phone to Sky who told me my new remote must be broken and to take it back to shop. Followed these instructions and worked first time! Thanks - how do we send this option to Sky ??
Community Coordinator
Sarah-R

Hi Pollyanna-F, thank you for your post and welcome to the Sky Community Forum, I do hope that you will be visiting the Community often as our superusers are a wonderful source of knowledge about all things Sky and there are always Community Coordinators to help customers.

I am really glad you found this guide on getting your remote up and running. I will pass your comments along and suggest that all our telephone advisors read the forums.

Regards,

Sarah-R
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
SarahjayneEds

I have similar issue and follow the steps listed but the sky button doesn't flash at the last step
Community Coordinator
Gemma-H

Hi there SarahjayneEds, 

I have replied to your other post and I look forward to your reply. 

Many Thanks, 

Gemma
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
carolinewright1

Bought a new Sky remote and had major problems setting it up with my Sky box. Just did the standard Sky remote reprogram and it's worked a treat. Many thanks!