Help
Help

Sky Remotes & Accessories
Occasional Visitor
Yankee2

Remote Control Code for LG

Bought a new rev'8' sky remote control as the old one has hard-to-push buttons.  I followed the instructions for programming the remote to my tv (LG 32LC2DB) but the codes supplied do not work on new remote.  Checked code on 'old' remote (0206) and tried that - no luck.  Red light does not blink when holding down 'select' and 'red button'.  Switched everything off, removed batteries, turned back on and still nothing.  New remote does work all Sky controls but not tv.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Remote Control Code for LG

Yankee2 wrote:

Bought a new rev'8' sky remote control as the old one has hard-to-push buttons.  I followed the instructions for programming the remote to my tv (LG 32LC2DB) but the codes supplied do not work on new remote.  Checked code on 'old' remote (0206) and tried that - no luck.  Red light does not blink when holding down 'select' and 'red button'.  Switched everything off, removed batteries, turned back on and still nothing.  New remote does work all Sky controls but not tv.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Try these codes as well 1293  1206.Then try the procedue below.

• Press TV (one flash)
  • Hold select and red till remote flashes twice
  • Select
  • TV
  • Select and red till two flashes
  • Enter code
  • Select

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Yankee2

Sorry, did not work!  I cannot get the 'red' light to blink when I hold the buttons down.

When I hold the 'Select' and 'Red Button' down simultaneously the 'red' light stays constant no matter how long I hold both buttons.  I proceeded anyway accepting the 'constant on' red light but neither of the codes worked.

Thank you for your advice

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi Yankee2,

Can you please try 0206 and let us know how you get on  

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Yankee2

Have tried 0206 so many times I confuse it with my PIN number.

I have lost track of the number of codes I have tried and the number of times I have removed, replaced and rotated the batteries.  I cannot get the remote red light to blink 'twice'  It stays on no matter how long I hold down thw 'Select' and 'red button' simultaneously.  What confuses is I can use remote for 'Sky' but not the tv.  Old remote uses the 0206 number.

Thank you

Visitor
Steve+Moore

just a thought in case you have forgotten. You are covering the end of the remote when you 1st press the TV button?

Occasional Visitor
ShahGlasgow

Yankee2 thanks it worked for the first time when I tried it.
Occasional Visitor
DaveTheRed

I just bought a new remote due to my old one being faulty and 0206 worked as the code for my LG tv so thanks for the info, great help.

Although with there being so many Lg tv s out there now and it being a high profile make I fail to realise why the code isnt in the sky booklet or sheets that have all tv codes?????

Occasional Visitor
me23

I have an LG tv and when I put in my model code it won't recognise it!
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Are you getting the model number from the white label on the back/side of your tv?  Can you post it on here please along with wht version of remote (under the batter cover) rev8 etc

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi DaveTheRed, 

Welcome to the community :smileyhappy:

It could be that the booklet that came with your Sky was printed prior to the code that works for your set was discovered. When we find codes for remote controls, this will be updated on our online tool and interactive menu on your Sky box.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
glennm

Does anyone know if code 0206 will work with LG TV model 47LM760T or if not what code does

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Smurfetpink

This worked for me thank you : )
Occasional Visitor
Smurfetpink

Hi this worked with the first code "great" thank you : )
Occasional Visitor
janeg1963

i used 1st code on my tv, cheers xx