What a Terrible Experience

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Runner
Post 1 of 5

What a Terrible Experience

5 days into my Sky experience and I'm deeply unimpressed. Was very much looking forward to a much improved  experience after 18 months with Virgin who were pretty terrible, both in terms of the equipment and the customer service.

Upon ordering, the sales guy explained I could have my old +HD box set up as a freeview box in a 2nd room. We talked at length about the options to get channels on another TV and the salesman suggested this option himself as an alternative to having the full blown 2nd room option, which I had with Virgin but was looking to save some money.Having agreed on this he said he would put a (quote) 'freeview installation on the engineers notes'. Engineer arrived: no such note received and wrong sat dish/LNB.

I now have use of only 1 TV having enjoyed the 2 TV's whilst with Virgin. Also, the Q box doesn't properly connect to my virgin router, so catch-up hardly works. On Wifi it sometimes connects, but with no thumbnail images. However it mostly doesn't connect at all. Only way to connect with any reliabilty is to use a slow and outdated wireless adaptor through ethernet. It takes 30 minutes for a program to be available to watch. It's fairly clear an engineer will have to come and rectify these issues.

I have called Sky several times and all I get is reassurances that someone will call me back, but no one ever has.

Sky, I'm sick of you already. Please at least make an attempt to redeem yourselves by calling me back. You have my number.

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Editor
Post 2 of 5

Re: What a Terrible Experience

I'm afraid you won't get a response from Sky on this forum, this is a customer to customer forum, any employees that do frequest the forum will not have access to any accounts.  You will need to contact Sky by using this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint/

All Replies
Answer
Editor
Post 2 of 5

I'm afraid you won't get a response from Sky on this forum, this is a customer to customer forum, any employees that do frequest the forum will not have access to any accounts.  You will need to contact Sky by using this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint/

Runner
Post 3 of 5

Ok, thanks, I'll try that.

Managing Editor
Post 4 of 5

@JonSFyou may want to check your Virgin router to make sure it's the V3 version. V1 and V2 have trouble with the network traffic from SkyQ, and can either cause a 'Network Connectivity' error on Q or the router can stop responding. (usually overnight)

If you are getting networking issues and have an old router, it may save you some time to get a ticket raised with Virgin too.

The best way to get a callback from Sky i've found is to raise a help request here: https://myhelprequests.sky.com/

They usually call back within a day or two.

SkyQ 2TB 2160P 10Bit - Samsung UE40JU6400
Q Mini 1080p - Samsung LE40A656
All wireless connection, Box Sets Bundle with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports. BT Home Hub 6 with 52Mb fibre.
Runner
Post 5 of 5

I have the V3. All seems ok now since I reset the Q box. Thanks for the suggestion.

Recommended Threads