Sky Q and the terrible RF interference it puts out!

Researcher
Post 76 of 79

Re: Sky Q and the terrible RF interference it puts out!

Just for you.

Conducted RFI is unwanted high frequencies that ride on an AC wave form. It was not conducted RFI as I could pick it up on a portable radio walking down my road as stated.

Radiated RFI is airbourn and this is what I detected, my household wireing had turned into an antenna as I already said.

Now that is the last I will reply.
First Assistant Director
Post 77 of 79

@mattwells, it's such a shame you didn't report the interference to OFCOM at the time, so they would have had a really good test case to prove one way or the other what the cause of the interference was.  I'm a bit puzzled why you didn't, since you're obviously so very concerned about Sky Q's impact on QRM.

In my testing, PLT interference from Sky Q was nowhere near as bad as the old BT Comtrend adaptors.  In fact, intereference was detectable but insignificant in my testing.

Researcher
Post 78 of 79

There is a simple reason as to why I don't report it to Ofcom, you have 14 days from installation of your sky Q to return it if your not happy, and as sky engineers had no answer to my problem, I did not want to get stuck with a sky Q box I couldn't use.

Ofcom to inspect this issue would have taken me past the 14 day time limit.
Community Manager
Post 79 of 79

Thank you for highlighting this issue. Sky takes any alleged issue concerning its products very seriously.

Sky is confident that the Sky Q products meet the essential requirements of the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive and the Radio and Telecoms Terminal Equipment (RTTE) Directive and is compliant with the following harmonised standards:  EN 55022/32, EN 301 489-1/17 and EN 50561-1 for Radiated and Conducted Emissions, and EN 300 328 and EN 301 893 for Effective use of the Radio Spectrum. We have carried out the required tests on all Sky Q products and these products also go through a strict continuing production quality control process.

We previously contacted the forum members who raised the concern in order to conduct some tests and investigate further, but received no response. We are happy to investigate any reports of interference that are brought to our attention, please contact us directly by emailing PR&SInsightTeam@sky.uk and leave your name, address and telephone details.

Sky

Kei
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers