Sky Q Remote Operating Samsung DVD fault

Answered
Go to Answer
Runner
Post 31 of 42

Re: Sky Q Remote Operating Samsung DVD fault

I have exactly the same issue with a BDE6100 running 1067 firmware. Sky was installed last week. Rang the Sky Q team who said samsung are aware of the problem and will help you, is it ok if I transfer you to Samsung Support.

Spoke to Samsung support who said the same transcript waffle as in a previous post, then I was told. Press stop on the Blu Ray remote control for 10 seconds.  This should reset the blu-ray player. It did nothing. At which point she said your player is faulty you need to contact an authorised Samsung repair centre.

Great assistance.

Does the touch remote work with the 1TB Q box? If so I suspect I will look at getting one of these.

Researcher
Post 32 of 42

The issue was fixed on my player with a firmware update from Samsung. This really should be a simple fix from them by now and support should know the issue.
Runner
Post 33 of 42

What model do you have?

Researcher
Post 34 of 42

Model number of the DVD is BDE6100. Firmwware version was 001065 which fixed the issue according to the setup menu.
Runner
Post 35 of 42

Mine was running firmware 1065 when Sky Q was first installed and it had the issue, it's now running 1067 and still has the same issue.

Researcher
Post 36 of 42

I have a feeling mine was a special build from tech support as it was specifically targeted at this issue. Possibly not the same as the full release.
Runner
Post 37 of 42

Thanks, I will contact them again and see if they are any more use than the person I spoke to today. At least I know it can be resolved so thanks for that.

Researcher
Post 38 of 42

My Blue Ray DVD has given up the ghost and I am looking at a new one on the week-end.  Obviously I will not have a Samsung replacement on my list.  So, any recommendations of a system that will work with Sky Q.

Runner
Post 39 of 42

Pacco65 wrote:

Apparently Samsung have released an update to fix this:

“Update to the latest version of software available on http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ or alternatively contact Samsung support on 03307267864 where they will be happy to help.”

You were very fortunate to get your result.   I contacted Samsung as above on 6th March 2017 and the gentleman on the phone ended up being helpful once I got hime to understand the problem.  He ended up giving me a reference number, and said I would receive the fix within 5 days.   On 15th March 2017  I telephoned again the lady was less than helpful, but when I pressed the issue I was put on hold for ten minutes, on her return she said it had been authorised and would be about five days.  On 27th March 2017 i again telephoned as it had not arrived, put on hold again.  then told I would receive it that week without fail.   As you guessed it did not arrive, I emailed Samsung no response.  Its now 8th April 2017 still have the problem, and Samsung just do not care.   Well thats not quite true,  I have had several emails from Samsung offering me early access and a discount for the new Galaxy phone.   As from now no more Samsung products they are disgusting on after sales support.  Be warned.

Viewer
Post 40 of 42

Totally agree with Red-Snapper

I've emailed in Jan, Feb (3 times), Apr and now May.

Promises, promises to send out a USB solution but no sign of anything. Slowly eradicating the house of Samsung technologies. Just disappointing

Runner
Post 41 of 42

At least 7 times I've been told by Samsung that the special USB is authorised and will be with you in 5 days.

worst support ever.

i did buy a sky q touch remote from eBay and that makes the problem go away as it's a Bluetooth connection. A well spent £9.50.

Researcher
Post 42 of 42

I ran into the same issue a few weeks ago and am keen to learn if anyone has a solution.

Samsung Blu Ray player - BD-E6100 UX. Was running an older firmware, update to latest version online which is 1067.

Sky Q mini box remote is opening the disc draw unexpectedly. e.g. you press up on the sky remote and the BR disc draw will open.

Spoke to Samsung and they said they would send me new firmware in the post as a USB. Letter arrived, no USB in the envelope. Called them again, new USB to be sent out. This one arrived correctly. Unzipped the package to the USB key but the blu ray player doesn't find the content. Tried on another USB key, no luck. (I know how to do this as I updated to the latest online version myself, by USB a few weeks ago (no user error)).

Called Samsung and they are now saying that I need to take it to a service centre (out of warrenty).

Does anyone have the correct firmware that solves this issue and could make it available to me to download please?

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Threads