Sky Q 2tb box keeps turning off

Oracle
Post 46 of 49

Re: Sky Q 2tb box keeps turning off

@Morgan+McDonnell Just thinking aloud here but could your box be going back to default settings when a new firmware is downloaded. I know that @bob1234 has this problem that all his settings change when the firmware is updated or at least used to have this problem

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer
Production Supervisor
Post 47 of 49

@Laing1 wrote:

@Morgan+McDonnell Just thinking aloud here but could your box be going back to default settings when a new firmware is downloaded. I know that @bob1234 has this problem that all his settings change when the firmware is updated or at least used to have this problem

Hi  @Laing1

I guess anything is possible but the last FW update (Q071 ?)  came in last week and I've watched a couple of cricket matches since then which has entailed the box being untouched for hours without this happening.   Am I wrong in thinking the default standby setting is ECO?  The box reset itself to ACTIVE.  I certainly haven't had this happen on previous FW updates and it's always stayed on my preferred setting of never/off.

At the end of the day it isn't overly important rather a minor irritant................................... so long as it isn't a daily occurrence Smiley Happy   I do appreciate the thought.  Thank you.

Oracle
Post 48 of 49

@Morgan+McDonnell no problems was just thinking aloud. Must admit mine is always set to none and never had a problem with the FW changing the setting but remembering that 1 of us on here has had this problem it was just a thought. 😀😀😀😀

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer
Producer
Post 49 of 49

@Laing1 wrote:

It is still happening but I have got used to it.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM