Sky Q 2tb box keeps turning off

Researcher
Post 1 of 49

Sky Q 2tb box keeps turning off

Sky Q 2tb box keeps turning off on its own. It has done it since installed.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed?

All Replies
Producer
Post 2 of 49

Re: Sky Q 2tb box keeps turning off

Settings - Setup - Preferences - Standby Mode, and pick which mode you want.  The onscreen help explains how each mode works.

Oracle
Post 3 of 49

@dx90 wrote:

Sky Q 2tb box keeps turning off on its own. It has done it since installed.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed?

Hi @dx90

Check the Standby Setting in Home - Settings - Setup - Preferences.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/using-the-standby-settings

In addition to the Eco settings mentioned above there is also None.

In None the box will stay on with Green LED unless switched to Standby (Amber LED) with the remote control.

With standby mode None it is still advised to switch the box into standby with the remote when not in use,

Researcher
Post 4 of 49

Thanks all sorted.. The box was set to ECO mode. Do you know how the box detemins when to go into ECO mode? It says through the night but it does it in the afternoon. How does it deterning when not in use?

Oracle
Post 5 of 49

@dx90 wrote:

Thanks all sorted.. The box was set to ECO mode. Do you know how the box detemins when to go into ECO mode? It says through the night but it does it in the afternoon.

Hi @dx90 

Should only be between approx 2:30 am to 5:45 am

Researcher
Post 6 of 49

@oldfella wrote:

@dx90 wrote:

Thanks all sorted.. The box was set to ECO mode. Do you know how the box detemins when to go into ECO mode? It says through the night but it does it in the afternoon.

Hi @dx90 

I've just read the link above and that what it says. I've checked the time on the box and it is correct but it is deffently shutting down in the afternoon.

Oracle
Post 7 of 49

@dx90 wrote:

@oldfella wrote:

@dx90 wrote:

Hi @dx90 

I've just read the link above and that what it says. I've checked the time on the box and it is correct but it is deffently shutting down in the afternoon.

Hi @dx90

Try giving the main Q box a reboot .

Disconnect power lead for 30 sec and the reconnect.   See what happens if you then use  Standby mode None.

Researcher
Post 8 of 49

@oldfella wrote:

@dx90 wrote:

@oldfella wrote:

@dx90 wrote:

Hi @dx90 

Hi @dx90

Try giving the main Q box a reboot .

Disconnect power lead for 30 sec and the reconnect.   See what happens if you then use  Standby mode None.

I've rebooted the box. I'll see if it does it again tomorrow. Will let you know.

Thanks for the advice.

Oracle
Post 9 of 49

Hi @dx90

If it still switches off one only other thing you can try is a Reset Settings in the engineers menu

To enter menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.

With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select

Only try the first reset (Settings) as with the other two you lose your recordings..

If after all this and you are still having problems I would log the issues with Sky

https://contactus.sky.com/uk

Researcher
Post 10 of 49

If its still shutting off tomorrow I'll try the first reset and like you said I'll log it if it dosn't sort it.

Thanks for your help.

Sound Designer
Post 11 of 49

I have tried Eco Mode a few times over the last year or so.  Each time the Sky box put a message on screen any time of the day warning that because no activity had been input it was about to close down (or words to that effect).  The stated time in Eco Mode does not work.

Sky Q 2TB, LG OLED65G6V, Logitech z906 5.1, Logitech Harmony Elite, Panasonic DMP-UB900.
First Assistant Director
Post 12 of 49

@Pyramid5779 wrote:

I have tried Eco Mode a few times over the last year or so.  Each time the Sky box put a message on screen any time of the day warning that because no activity had been input it was about to close down (or words to that effect).  The stated time in Eco Mode does not work.

That sounds like your TV that’s displaying that message and shutting down. Sky Q does not display such a message. Have a look at the power settings on your TV 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Sound Designer
Post 13 of 49

It is not the TV, it is the Sky Q box when in Eco Mode.  I have got enough savvy to know one from the other. If left the box goes into standby.

Sky Q 2TB, LG OLED65G6V, Logitech z906 5.1, Logitech Harmony Elite, Panasonic DMP-UB900.
First Assistant Director
Post 14 of 49

@Pyramid5779 wrote:

It is not the TV, it is the Sky Q box when in Eco Mode.  I have got enough savvy to know one from the other. If left the box goes into standby.

I can assure you it is not your Q box it’s your TV. 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Sound Designer
Post 15 of 49

And I can assure you it is the box.  Quite a feat if my TV can throw up a message telling me the box will soon go into stand by and then turns it off.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM