Possible problem with skyQ box or with UHD movies

Oracle
Post 61 of 366

Re: Possible problem with skyQ box or with UHD movies

@JonW42 wrote:

Please call Sky and ask for the Q070 firmware back. I want to know if Sky will agree. Thanks. 

Hi @JonW42 The only time Sky would downgrade a firmware would only be if millions of customers were unable to watch any channels at all. It certainly wouldn't be for a flicker I'm afraid. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Camera Assistant
Post 62 of 366

@Morgan+McDonnell wrote:

@woppy1 wrote:

Which version box do you have 

Sky Q Silver v1 with the latest Q71 fw update.

Since we have the same TV and both have a V1 box, would you please watch some of IT in UHD and let me know if it flickers? I would think my Q box has been or will have the Q71 firmware by the time I get home,. Thanks.

Oracle
Post 63 of 366

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@JanePar wrote:

@woppy1 wrote:

As I said it’s very hard to see but it is there, and there are too many people with the problem for it to be my set 

I'm not doubting you and at least you've made Sky aware of the issue on here and over the phone. 

Just not seeing the issue on my set so far.

Same here on my Samsung tv, I watched two programmes in UHD today and had no flicker what so ever. 

@Dazzasky May I ask what programmes you have watched? I watched F1 which generally has a bright image and could not see any flicker yet darker sequences in UHD films are quite obvious (IT, Covenant, WW)...regards.

Hi @bucket57 I watched some of the live Tennis this afternoon because people were saying that was flickering and I watched Deep State. 

Camera Operator
Post 64 of 366

@Dazzasky wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@JanePar wrote:

@woppy1 wrote:

As I said it’s very hard to see but it is there, and there are too many people with the problem for it to be my set 

I'm not doubting you and at least you've made Sky aware of the issue on here and over the phone. 

Same here on my Samsung tv, I watched two programmes in UHD today and had no flicker what so ever. 

@Dazzasky May I ask what programmes you have watched? I watched F1 which generally has a bright image and could not see any flicker yet darker sequences in UHD films are quite obvious (IT, Covenant, WW)...regards.

Hi @bucket57 I watched some of the live Tennis this afternoon because people were saying that was flickering and I watched Deep State. 

@Dazzasky Thank you, and an apology for not reading your previous posts properly where you already said what you had watched.

I just had a look at Deep State and I can see definite flicker in the darker sequences😔.

Have you the V1 or V2 box? Regards.

Oracle
Post 65 of 366

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@JanePar wrote:

@woppy1 wrote:

@Dazzasky Thank you, and an apology for not reading your previous posts properly where you already said what you had watched.

I just had a look at Deep State and I can see definite flicker in the darker sequences😔.

@bucket57 I have a V2 box. Perhaps there is an issue with V1 boxes as previously suggested. 

Camera Operator
Post 66 of 366

@Dazzasky wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@JanePar wrote:

@woppy1 wrote:

@bucket57 I have a V2 box. Perhaps there is an issue with V1 boxes as previously suggested. 

@Dazzasky Thanks again.

Yes, seems like there may be a pattern of new firmware and V1 box; and as most of the firmware changes were “under the hood”......🤔🤔

Production Supervisor
Post 67 of 366

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@JanePar wrote:

@woppy1 wrote:

@Dazzasky Thanks again.

Yes, seems like there may be a pattern of new firmware and V1 box; and as most of the firmware changes were “under the hood”......🤔🤔

@bucket57

Nope. I have the new FW and v1 box and no issues here.

Camera Operator
Post 68 of 366

@Morgan+McDonnell wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@JanePar wrote:

@woppy1 wrote:

@Dazzasky Thanks again.

@bucket57

@Morgan+McDonnell.That’ll make it easy to diagnose further then😂😂 Seriously thanks for the feedback😉

PS did you try some of the UHD films, specifically darker sequences, previously mentioned? Thanks.

PPS it really show up when I press pause during said sequences.

Director of Photography
Post 69 of 366

I also haven't seen the issue and we are using a V2 box.

Sky Q Silver Bundle with 2 minis.
Camera Assistant
Post 70 of 366

@JanePar wrote:

Please post what TV and it's firmware version. Thanks.

Camera Operator
Post 71 of 366

@JanePar wrote:

@JanePar Thanks for the feedback. I still think, despite one user (so far) who has a V1 box stating they have not come across this phenomenon , that there might be an issue with the latest firmware, V1 box and certain UHD material🤔

Sound Supervisor
Post 72 of 366

@bucket57 wrote:

@JanePar wrote:

@JanePar Thanks for the feedback. I still think, despite one user (so far) who has a V1 box stating they have not come across this phenomenon , that there might be an issue with the latest firmware, V1 box and certain UHD material🤔

@bucket57  I don’t disagree with your conclusions except to say that I have been unable to find any UHD material that isn’t affected. Some may be hard to see, F1 being a prime example, but it all flickers as far as I can tell.

Runner
Post 73 of 366

How do you know what box version you have? 

Oracle
Post 74 of 366

@DKSJLSFKLNS

If it has an external power supply (mains transformer), it's the v2. The original 2TB has an internal power supply.

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet) Multiscreen, Cinema, Sports, Box Sets, Yamaha RX-V375, BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), BT ADSL (17Mbs), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Production Supervisor
Post 75 of 366

@bucket57 wrote:

@Morgan+McDonnell wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@bucket57 wrote:

@Dazzasky wrote:

@JanePar wrote:

@woppy1 wrote:

@Dazzasky Thanks again.

@bucket57

@Morgan+McDonnell.That’ll make it easy to diagnose further then😂😂 Seriously thanks for the feedback😉

PS did you try some of the UHD films, specifically darker sequences, previously mentioned? Thanks.

PPS it really show up when I press pause during said sequences.

@bucket57  No I haven't tried any films.