Possible problem with skyQ box or with UHD movies

Oracle
Post 31 of 366

Re: Possible problem with skyQ box or with UHD movies

@thumbs83 wrote:

It's pretty constant flicker on the tennis in UHD. 

I have experienced no flicker, so it's not a universal issue. I have also just started to watch Deep State in UHD and have experienced no flicker with this at the moment. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Sound Designer
Post 32 of 366

Just been on to sky and no engineer is coming out as she thinks it’s to do with the firmware 

Camera Assistant
Post 33 of 366

Is anyone else without a C8 OLED TV having any problem with UHD recorded programs? I’m on vacation and cannot check if this effects an LCD UHD TV. 

Runner
Post 34 of 366

I have a samsung js9000 - started noticing Friday night watching billions in UHD - flickering bad! Watched greatest showman last night in uhd, same flickering issue, checked other uhd films and all have the same issue. No problem with hd or with Netflix’ hdr. It can only have just started being an issue as I would have seen it before - watched American made and billions in uhd last week an no flickering then! Let me know if they going to fix it!!! 

Camera Assistant
Post 35 of 366

Has anyone asked Sky to go back to the privious firmware until this is fixed?

Researcher
Post 36 of 366

Mine is a Samsung Mu7070 so it definitely isn't limited to your LG oled. I made the point of saying on the phone that others with different brand Tv's were suffering with the same problem and it seemed to start yesterday.

Sound Designer
Post 37 of 366

Well I’m watching the F1 UHD and the flicker is harder to pick up but it’s definitely there 

Camera Assistant
Post 38 of 366

Please call Sky and ask for the Q070 firmware back. I want to know if Sky will agree. Thanks. 

Oracle
Post 39 of 366

@JonW42 wrote:

Please call Sky and ask for the Q070 firmware back. I want to know if Sky will agree. Thanks. 

You cannot downgrade firmware unless Sky change the DRS - Disaster Recovery Stream - to allow it currently it is running the new firmware.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Camera Assistant
Post 40 of 366

Does anyone know if Sky knows of the problem and is going to fix it really soon? Maybe up the firmware version of the previous version and push that out. 

Director of Photography
Post 41 of 366

@woppy1 wrote:

Well I’m watching the F1 UHD and the flicker is harder to pick up but it’s definitely there 

It must be a compatibility with your set and the new firmware , I'm certainly not seeing it on the F1 in UHD currently.

Sky Q Silver Bundle with 2 minis.
Camera Assistant
Post 42 of 366

@JanePar wrote:

@woppy1 wrote:

It must be a compatibility with your set and the new firmware , I'm certainly not seeing it on the F1 in UHD currently.

What TV set do you have?

Director of Photography
Post 43 of 366

@JonW42 wrote:

@JanePar wrote:

@woppy1 wrote:

What TV set do you have?

A Sony 4K one , not sure of exact model if I'm honest.

Sound Designer
Post 44 of 366

As I said it’s very hard to see but it is there, and there are too many people with the problem for it to be my set 

Director of Photography
Post 45 of 366

@woppy1 wrote:

As I said it’s very hard to see but it is there, and there are too many people with the problem for it to be my set 

I'm not doubting you and at least you've made Sky aware of the issue on here and over the phone. 

Just not seeing the issue on my set so far.