Hmdi Out sky Q

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Camera Operator
Post 1 of 12

Hmdi Out sky Q

Does anyone know the millivolts output on sky Q hdmi output port disabled or not?

Any1 know the millivolts on the Input hdmi of sky Q?

What material is the plastic made out of on the Q box to allow heat to dissapate as I have things on top of mine as in what material?

Yes...Id like to know.

---------------------------------------
Cranjis Mcbasketball 21 .5years Tv/Networkin Xperienc
Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 12 of 12

Re: Hmdi Out sky Q

If you asked more politely you would get more answers. 

Your first question makes little sense the HDMI connectors operate to the published standard they are digital connecters unless you are confusing voltage with current?. Are you referring to the ability to power passive splitters  and active cables which require a 5v DC supply? To the best of my knowledge the Sky HD HDMI output only carries the standard +5v DC on pin 18 limited to 50 mA ie insufficent to act as a power source.  It is possible buy HDMI power inserters if required. Pin outs are here http://cromwell-intl.com/technical/hdmi.html. 

The HDMI input is not enabled and I suspect that there is no power out but that is simple to test as I assume you know?

There were reports that the plastic of the case is designed to conduct heat but which polymer is used is not disclosed. General information on heat conducting plastics here http://www.coolpolymers.com/heattrans.html. Stacking anything on Q boxes is not recommended. The main 2TB box has to dissipate 30w of heat, the top surface of the box is assumed to be part of the heat dissipation design. 

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
All Replies
Sound Designer
Post 2 of 12

DealtWith wrote:

Does anyone know the millivolts output on sky Q hdmi output port disabled or not?

What material is the plastic made out of on the Q box to allow heat to dissapate as I have things on top of mine as in what material?

Yes...Id like to know.

Why are you being so childish?

Oracle
Post 3 of 12

DealtWith wrote:

Yes...Id like to know.

@DealtWith Do you really expect anyone on the forum to know the answer to these questions.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Camera Operator
Post 4 of 12

I have posted a question that is important for me to know the answer to it has not broken any terms and conditions of the forum so I would appreciate people replying whom know the answer if you do not want to help them do not post.

I think everybody should remember the policy of trying to be nice to each other so if you do not want to help me that is absolutely fine do not reply on this thread and try to provoke people.

Oracle
Post 5 of 12

The questions being asked are certainly valids ones and the answers may well be usefull to a few people, sadly i don't think they will be answered as i haven't seen a spec sheet that goes into that detail(it does give the millivolts for the USB ports though)and i don't think Sky will release a manufacturing sheet to show what the case is made of, the only realistic way to get a answer is if someone has run tests on the HDMI ports to determine the millivolts and that i would think is highly unlikely, the other way is to write to Sky and ask for a full detailed product specification sheet which they may or may not agree to supply, its worth a go though. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.
Camera Operator
Post 6 of 12

We shall wait and see if anyone does that then ....someone may already have tested this.

If certain ppl gave the dam thread a chance to be viewed..might help.

Just dont think ppl postin that dont want to help is acceptable...

really bad idea that may have issues raised by myself if occurs again

Sound Designer
Post 7 of 12

DealtWith wrote:

We shall wait and see if anyone does that then ....someone may already have tested this.

If certain ppl gave the dam thread a chance to be viewed..might help.

Just dont think ppl postin that dont want to help is acceptable...

really bad idea that may have issues raised by myself if occurs again

Smiley Very Happy

Camera Operator
Post 8 of 12

On the ignore list before I say something that will upset people ( Im in my 30's)

yes.

Oracle
Post 9 of 12

DealtWith wrote:

On the ignore list before I say something that will upset people ( Im in my 30's)

yes.

Oh dear, lol.Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Camera Operator
Post 10 of 12

Lol

@Dazzasky youl be the first in to swipe the post!

Camera Operator
Post 11 of 12

Still calling out for this information....now Ive taken out the rubbish!

Anyone....?

Answer
Oracle
Post 12 of 12

If you asked more politely you would get more answers. 

Your first question makes little sense the HDMI connectors operate to the published standard they are digital connecters unless you are confusing voltage with current?. Are you referring to the ability to power passive splitters  and active cables which require a 5v DC supply? To the best of my knowledge the Sky HD HDMI output only carries the standard +5v DC on pin 18 limited to 50 mA ie insufficent to act as a power source.  It is possible buy HDMI power inserters if required. Pin outs are here http://cromwell-intl.com/technical/hdmi.html. 

The HDMI input is not enabled and I suspect that there is no power out but that is simple to test as I assume you know?

There were reports that the plastic of the case is designed to conduct heat but which polymer is used is not disclosed. General information on heat conducting plastics here http://www.coolpolymers.com/heattrans.html. Stacking anything on Q boxes is not recommended. The main 2TB box has to dissipate 30w of heat, the top surface of the box is assumed to be part of the heat dissipation design. 

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Recommended Threads
14-01-2017 06:32 PM
17-12-2016 01:09 PM
25-01-2017 11:14 AM
Humble+Sparkie 21-12-2016 03:33 PM
07-12-2016 11:59 PM