Discussion topic: HDR v3 box not fit for purpose (sound cutting out)

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Not+better This message was authored by: Not+better

Re: HDR v3 box not fit for purpose (sound cutting out)

@Morgan+McDonnell 

Yes contempt. 

ive not long been off the phone from Q technical. Apparently. 

having been told a billion times the responses will not be to my liking ( they know full well) they have escalated theee issues in particular for feedback 

lip sync. Response. This will NEVER be fixed. Due to the way audio and video are delivered on the satellite platform. They defused to divulge further. When asked why the software only allows the already early audio to be delivered even earlier, when the des riot ion clearly state "lip sync DELAY " she have the same answer adding it's an average chosen to fit the most users. It can not be chsnged

Drop outs in live events, like we see in uhd football and confirmed by numerous members here. These are repeatable by rewinding. Agreed this is a broadcasting fault and not customer equipment related. This is to be addressed by other depts and refused to say which.

Garbled audio, talking under water, break up, for me gradually increases in regulatory until inaudible. 
Cobsidered a box fault. 
offered a new box and engineer visit. Declined until covid allows technicians to enter the property.  The point was made that we actually had this on sky plus as well. And that all our equipment has been changed to uhd spec. So we had little confidence another box would fix it. Response we can let you out if your contract if you like, if your that unhappy. 

I mean they simply don't get it do they. Sky sold this product to us under their advertising and release spec.  It's their product they made it they sold it it's about bloody time they started delivering the thing without these faults. 

but.....
 As so many others agree it's just not acceptable to 

refuse to alnowkedge these faults

Alomost threaten contact release if you keep moaning, refuse to bother to try and change anything to fix it. 
or simply admit they aren't capable. 

and there, sky members, lies your contempt for us customers. 

Advertise it with abc features. 
sell it on that basis with ab-d features

update it with ab--e features 

then refuse to accept a and b do not have acceptable audio and no we won't acknowledge it because we might have to give you a discount. 

what a crock of ....

This message was authored by Pistonhead This message was authored by: Pistonhead

@Not+better Blimey, that's quite a shopping list of faults you've got there! Thankfully I'm only blessed with sound drops 🤞

LG OLED65B1 • Apple TV 4K • Sky Superfast BB
This message was authored by CyberFriday This message was authored by: CyberFriday

@51AO wrote:

I received my complaint call back from technical support this morning - well actually received another call back from the team that called me yesterday who then put me in the queue for technical support.  Today I had time to wait & to be fair it was only a few minutes.  The person I spoke to was extremely friendly & understanding.  They were from a team that deals with repeated & quirky in depth problems.  Their systems did note that that there was an ongoing problem being investigated re audio dropouts & also Sky Hub issues.  They could see that Sky Hub updates were being tried however they could not see any detail regarding what was being done or when any update would be forth coming regarding the intermittent audio dropouts.  They did mention the set audio to normal suggestion (& appreciated that it wasn't ideal even if it did help) but I explained that I still had audio dropouts when set to normal.

I explained that I would only accept a replacment box if it was a non-HDR box.  I may receive something tomorrow & I am due a call back on Sunday afternoon so will see what happens.

@51AO  Hope you get one of the ones that isn't affected.  So, either the 32cxx box (mines) or the 32b0xx. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/32B0xx-Box-Not-Fit-for-Purpose-sound-cutting-out/m-p/3565260#M394...

Either way we know boxes of this type are in the drop out club. 

This message was authored by Not+better This message was authored by: Not+better

Oh good point well reminded 

when asked what box I was likely to get and can a certain model be requested or specified ? Or will it be just what's on the van? 
she said the later 

ok what's the newest box

dont know

well what box do we have? 
some time later

our records show 32B1 

which is correct but she said they don't get information on the last two digits 2D in our case. 

what boxes models do you make?

don't know we don't get that info 

which is the latest?

in think the one you have 

oh blah being fobbed off by sky again 

it will be of similar spec sir 

well that's good to know (sarcasm mode off) 🙄

so either contempt, or sky have no clue what model boxes they make. Although I'm going with both options frankly. 

but to be fair she did say I would not like the responses. That being we won't/can't change anything, it will never change but you can have a third box loose your recordings after hours on the phone after numerous failed call backs and if your not happy we can releas you from your contract 

I can't quite convey though how utterly pelathetic this whole process has been. 

ive only mentioned a few issues the list goes on but mostly the answers were that feature was considered not worth developing. There by degrading the product from skys market leader status. 

So all you sky staff members hiding on here, and I know there are as she used the same generic scripted answers you see doled out on here, and the of you don't like it leave merchants. No! I won't leave, I want my football, my movies, my dd+ and I want it without faults thank you very much. Especially as we all pay for these faults IN ADVANCE at £600 odd a year.

This message was authored by 51AO This message was authored by: 51AO

Thanks @CyberFriday 

Tech support knew I currently have a 32B1 & they were trying to get a 32B0 to me. I appreciate it doesn't have HDR but I would rather not have the audio dropouts. 

We have had Sky since the white boxes & and would prefer to stay with them but we have Virgin Broadband & so can get their option if we don't get to an acceptable position. 

I will see how the replacement goes if I receive one & monitor the follow-up support etc but will leave if we have to.

I will keep this thread updated.

This message was authored by Lesterp This message was authored by: Lesterp

@Larry+Duggan 

I realise it may not change anything, but two boxes with same issues strengthens my (our) case. I fully expect to still have sound dropouts but can then use this as leverage for compensation or possibly downgrade back to V1. (I wish!)

This message was authored by Eddie00001 This message was authored by: Eddie00001

Is it hardware version you're referring to? If so, mine is 32B206 

This message was authored by Capt+Scott This message was authored by: Capt+Scott

Mine also is a 32B206

This message was authored by CyberFriday This message was authored by: CyberFriday

@Eddie00001  Yep, hardware version. 

This message was authored by Tony+will This message was authored by: Tony+will

Has anybody tried to cancel subscription early due to this problem?

mine is dropping out every minute now. 

@Lesterp  I'm on my 3rd non 4K, non hdr box and the sound keeps dropping. I don't understand why when Sky claim there are plenty of unaffected customers out there they can't work out whether they are linked to specific production batches. And if so replace swap out the bad ones for the good ones...

This message was authored by Larry+Duggan This message was authored by: Larry+Duggan

So is it the box, or the Q140 software update?

Or a combination of both?

This message was authored by JoeSatch007 This message was authored by: JoeSatch007

@Tony+will Yes, I cancelled my fathers subscription and cited that sky have broken their contract by failing to provide an acceptable service, in its current form (6 months of this dropout fault) it's a degraded service

this was more than enough to persuade them to end my dads contract with no penalty 

I'm giving it until the end of this month and then if no change I'll be cancelling myself 

This message was authored by Paulh57 This message was authored by: Paulh57

mine is a 32B206

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JoeSatch007yes you can always get out of a contract without penalty if the service offered is not supplied.

However the problem is finding a suitable alternative supplier, Virgin perhaps but not all are cabled for it, BT perhaps but they use freeview for live transmissions and there are still a lot of dead spots where Freeview can't be received. The freeview info shows we have a good signal but cannot actually receive any signal, two roads away it is OK.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion