Blue screen all channels

Viewer
Post 1 of 7

Blue screen all channels

I have just turned my sky Q on to find a blue screen on all channels. I have unplugged the HDMI and the Q box but this has not helped...mini Q boxes are the same too. Signal strenght is good so thats not the issue... any ideas on what to do? 

Thanks 

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 7

Re: Blue screen all channels

@Tre1989 wrote:

I have just turned my sky Q on to find a blue screen on all channels. I have unplugged the HDMI and the Q box but this has not helped...mini Q boxes are the same too. Signal strenght is good so thats not the issue... any ideas on what to do? 

Thanks 

Hi @Tre1989

Welcome to Q forum.

Are you sure that you have not changed the HDMI input on your TV ?

If you disconnect the power lead from your main Q box for 30 sec and the then reconnect do you get any ‘Hello’ message on your TV when it boots back up ?

Director of Photography
Post 3 of 7

Also is there any other text on the screen when you get the blue screen, like "No satellite signal' or "Technical fault"?

Runner
Post 4 of 7

I have this same problem with my mini box, did you manage to find a fix for this problem? 

Runner
Post 5 of 7

Im currently experiencing this same issue, blue screen there is no message at the top of the screen.. i can flick throught to TV guide and all the different sub pages on the home page but there is just no picture displayed atall. Switched off gave all leads a second and popped back in & still exactly the same?.. any help would be great 👍🏼 

Director of Photography
Post 6 of 7

@jadecolph wrote:

Im currently experiencing this same issue, blue screen there is no message at the top of the screen.. i can flick throught to TV guide and all the different sub pages on the home page but there is just no picture displayed atall. Switched off gave all leads a second and popped back in & still exactly the same?.. any help would be great 👍🏼 

Is the issue on your main box or on mini boxes?

If a mini you will need to pull power cable out of mini box and main box, Then power main box back up and wait for it to be fully functional before powering up each mini in turn.

Other than that you will need to contact Sky for an Engineers visit

Runner
Post 7 of 7

It is a pain in the a$$, I had it happen a few times, the only way to fix it is re booting main box and then try the mini boxes. Touch wood it’s not happened for a while but I did get it 3-4 times in a few weeks! 

Recommended Threads