Sky phone witholds number

Runner
Post 1 of 8

Sky phone witholds number

When I call home from mySky mobile the home phone rings but displays number unavailable.

Can I change this?

mjpiper
All Replies
Managing Editor
Post 2 of 8

Re: Sky phone witholds number

I would suggest your 1st port of call should be these helpful guides https://www.sky.com/help/devicesupport/

Oracle
Post 3 of 8

@MikeZY56 wrote:

When I call home from mySky mobile the home phone rings but displays number unavailable.

Can I change this?

Hi @MikeZY56 Either your home phone does not have caller id activated or your mobile has it's number witheld. Check in your device's phone settings.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Runner
Post 4 of 8

Hi

Thank you.

To start at the beginning, when I was on EE if I rang home my number came up correctly on our home phone's display.

I sent the PAC code to Sky and put the Sky Sim in my mobile.

Now when I ring home the home phone displays number unavailable.

I have not changed any settings on my mobile.

mjpiper
Camera Assistant
Post 5 of 8

Check SETTINGS/PHONE. At the top next to MY NUMBER should be your mobile number. If it is not there tap the arrow at the right hand side where it will take you to the next page where you can manually add it.

Also, on the MY NUMBER page, near the bottom it has SHOW MY CALLER ID. Click on that and check the ‘green radial button’ is ON. 

Runner
Post 6 of 8

Hi 

Thank you, but when I go to settings phone the number shows as unknown  and when I try to change it I cannot.

When Sky sent a provisioning message I was not able to agree because I did not have the password.

That issue is resolved can I get a repeat of the provisioning message please?

mjpiper
Oracle
Post 7 of 8

@MikeZY56 wrote:

That issue is resolved can I get a repeat of the provisioning message please?

If you want that then you will have to do as before and contact Sky as they will not respond to you via this forum as the few members of staff that are on here can not access customer accounts and therefore do not know who you are.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 8 of 8

I also got this problem when phoning home last Wednesday from Sky mobile to Sky landline. Up to then, the number had been displayed. All other numbers are displayed and my mobile number is displayed on other landlines that have caller display. All settings on mobile and landline are correct. Chatted online to Sky help but they couldn’t find a reason why this was happening so sent a replacement sim received today but the problem persists. The problem just seemed to happen out of the blue. The last time I had occasion to phone home was two weeks previous up to which the mobile number displayed as normal. The number is not being “withheld” as the number is given verbally if 1471 is called. Just find it really frustrating. There must be something causing this to happen.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
a month ago 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
a month ago 08:32 PM