Sky Mobile very expensive

Highlighted
Sound Designer
Post 61 of 71

Re: Sky Mobile very expensive

Ther plan I have gone for is cheaper than my previous provider (same data plan) and Sky let you carry over unused data.

Each to their own. Some folks will find it a good deal, some not.

Sound Supervisor
Post 62 of 71

I agree with Doneronchips, Sky Mobile is overpriced and expensive especially compared to Vodafone. Vodafone has recently invested heavily on upgrading their phone masts and coverage surpasses everyone else with very little or no drop outs on phone calls, with the likes of EE and 02 that having issues. 

Sky Mobile uses the 02 network and as a Vodafone customer I'm gonna stay with them, as Vodafone are offering their Sim only RED Bundle for all new customers and existing, with 20GB of data and Unlimited calls and texts for £20 a month!!! Compared to Sky's 5GB of data and Unlimted calls and texts for £20 a month.

See pic attached.

Researcher
Post 63 of 71

As a SIM-only contract, it makes little sense unless you're a Sky TV customer, because that extra £10 a month raises the price to the level of contracts that include a handset.

But comparing O2's SIM-only contracts, their 1GB data SIM is £15 compared with Sky's £10.
2GB with O2 costs £18 – O2 only starts to look cost-effective if you go for a 10GB deal.

Sky's also cheaper than EE SIM-only unless you want more than 5GB a month.

Runner
Post 64 of 71

It back O2 20GB £20.00 SIM ONLY DEAL IS BACK OFFER ENDS 22/03/17 PLUS FURTHER £50.00 CASHBACK WITH  QUIDCO  

SO £190.00 FOR 20GB WITH UNILMITED MINUTES AND TEXT WORK OUT AT £15.83 A MONTH 

FOR THAR PRICE SKY GIVE YOU 3GB PLUS FURTHER £10.00 FOR NONE SKY CUSTOMER FOR UNILTED MINUTES 

Runner
Post 65 of 71

I was also alarmed that non tv customers only get data  at above prices why no bundle packs for non tv customers oh wait it's sky it will be down to money

Camera Assistant
Post 66 of 71

They pay more they get more, if people don't like it why complain on a Sky forum.... be adult about it, move on....

Never argue with an idiot, it lowers you to their level
Researcher
Post 67 of 71

It's pretty clear from the pricing structure that the point of Sky Mobile is not to compete directly with EE/O2 in the wider mobile market, but to retain TV customers who might be eying up BT, Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.

Sound Designer
Post 68 of 71

Can't see what amazon and Netflix has to with the prices,...

Can't see what amazon and Netflix has to with the prices, I would have thought it was more aimed at BT but even then they are not competing with them on their packages. But if you use comparison sites   You get the best deals not directly with the main websites.

Aaaaa
Camera Assistant
Post 69 of 71

I have Sky TV but mobile and broadband is currently with...

I have Sky TV but mobile and broadband is currently with BT where I get £5 off my sim only plan (6GB £13)

Would I get any discounts with Sky Mobile?

First Assistant Director
Post 70 of 71

tarbat wrote:

Seems good value if you're a Sky TV subscriber like me.  Unlimited calls & text, and 1gb of data for only £10 pm.

And even better value now with the new 500mb data option.  I'm now getting Unlimited calls & text, and 500mb of data for only £5 pm.

Runner
Post 71 of 71

I pay £10 per month with Plusnet (who also run of the EE network) and for that I get unlimited texts, minutes and 4gb of data 

Sky's tariffs are very pricey especially when other virtual operators running off the same network are offering much better deals, I feel with Sky's current customer base they have missed a trick here 

Also being a sky customer myself they are calling me on a weekly basis trying to sell mobile deals which is a bit annoying 

Recommended Threads
Oracle 2 weeks ago 05:01 PM
Blacknighy 18-05-2017 01:32 PM
27-06-2017 10:26 PM
16-08-2017 02:55 PM
Oracle 2 weeks ago 05:30 PM