Sky Mobile very expensive

Oracle
Post 46 of 71

Re: Sky Mobile very expensive

You do realise that Sky's primary product line and business is TV so it actually makes more sense to reward and encourage those customers with the cheap mobile service? 

KingfisherUKSky Q 2TB & Virgin Vivid 200  Volunteer Beta Tester  Community Oracle
Boom Operator
Post 47 of 71

Three are currently offering a sim only deal for 600 mins, unlimited text & 30gb of data for £18.00

Runner
Post 48 of 71

The O2 deal for 20GB for £20.00 come and goes

the last time it was  available was in December

the offer changed in January to 6 months half the price on 16gb.

This offer end on the 01/02/2017.

At the moment the best offer around

is 20gb 5000 minutes and 5000 text £15.00 at  Virgin 

But if your an  existing  O2 customer and your

contract is in it last 30 days then and ask to leave the cancel deapartment will offer you this deal

if you ask them they give you the 20GB for £20.00 

Researcher
Post 49 of 71

Actually to get the mobile offer on BT, you must have BT Broadband. To get the EE offers, you must be an EE Mobile customer. To get Virgin Mobile offers, you must have Virgin Broadband and Virgin phone.

You can't get these offers if you only have a BT landline or Virgin phone line without Broadband. In addition to get free BT Sport elements you need BT Broadband.

Seems Sky are using the mobile offering as an additional incentive for having Sky TV.

Researcher
Post 50 of 71

Whoever set these tariffs up are probably using old market research ect...

People are not interested in unlimited minutes anymore, they want data.

Why not have tariffs that allow you to reduce minutes and increase data and so on....

At the moment it's not that smart to me. At the moment its a more expensive watered down product from O2 and O2 aren't exactly cheap themselves.

It's unfortunate because now, Sky Mobile will not be a success, BT's tariffs where and thats how you get hold of loyal customers. I can't see Sky Mobile being around in a years time.

Boom Operator
Post 51 of 71

I just had a look at the pricing for sky mobile and I like most people on here think they've got their sums completely wrong so I'm staying with 3 mobile.  I just signed up for another year, unlimited minutes and texts and 4 gb of data at £9 a month Time to cut your profit margins sky or this new venture will fail

Researcher
Post 52 of 71

3's tariffs and offers are very good value but the network coverage seems really bad wherever I go so I had to cancel that some time ago. But when you compare GiffGaff to Sky Mobile its very uncompetitive

Runner
Post 53 of 71

I think your mistaken Bt offers are open to everyone with or without BT bt broadband only give you a 5.00 saving if you have bt broadband  cusotmer 

They run promotion offer on this sim every few month sometime you can get it for 21.00 with 15gb or 20gb for  none broadband cusotmer with £40.00 amazon voucher plus further £60.00 if you use topcashback links or quicdo links 

at the momnet it £25.00 for 20gb with £50.00 amazon voucher and plus further £60.00 cashback  if you use   quicdo.com links

So the £300.00 for 12 month - £110.00 in cash discounts and gift cards make it £190.00 for 12 months  which is £15.83 a month 

workout at  £10.00 in the whole year more expensive then

virgin 30 days contract month offer whicch is 5000 mintues unlimted text and 20gb for £15.00 a month

plus add bones is BT  you have UK biggest wifi  hoptspots spot  free unlimted access. 

Yes sky at wifi but bt has more. you have more chance of seeing a bt wifi hotspot then a sky special in London 

Runner
Post 54 of 71

If people were not intrested in unlimited mintues then every network would offer unlimited mintues with every plan

and sky would not be charging £10.00 extra for none sky customers to have unlimted

yes mintues have come down a lot in the last 15 years as more people use whats app and other services to call and text friends and family around world.

sadly some people need to make calls to places that are not available and must use mintues to make the call.

and having the unlimted mintues give you the added bones of not having to check how many mintues you have left or always checking your mintues.

the think that peopel  do not care about anymore and has to die is home phone lines for some reason everyone must pay around £20.00 a month for a service that they do not need or would properly never use more the once in a blue moon..

for 4 years there was away around the unfair charge with 3G  unilimted date and unlimted tethering plan  for only £25.00

no need for home home broadband special for students living away from home.

Researcher
Post 55 of 71

The landline service is still widely used and I appreciate what Sky and various other companies have done to make sure it remains value for money by including calls to UK Mobiles within inclusive allowances.

Termination rates to mobiles are very low now so there is no excuse to charge so much especially after paying line rental.

Unlimited calls and texts is generally to UK Mobiles and landlines and is because of todays termination rates. As many people use apps to make calls and texts, this largely goes unused, there is also a trend of people making fewer calls than before because of these quirky apps. Its not just landlines and payphones thats feeling the blues. Because termination rates are at an all time low and because there is a lot more regulation on EU roaming take into account of people making fewer calls, they are losing a lot of money and the profit margin has become much smaller.

I think thats why Deutsche Telekom and Orange wanted out of the UK, they couldn't sell up at the time of the credit crunch, so they merged and it was always obvious they would want to sell the newly merged entity off and BT was always a likely buyer. 

Telefonica is another one, they are in a lot of debt and because there is very little left of O2 to asset strip, they want out.

Hutchison have a very tight budget and spend very little on things such as customer service hence the use of foreign call centres at large. They would survive through any climate because of there business model, but thats not always good for consumers as the service will generally be poorer than rivals who invest more.

Researcher
Post 56 of 71

In response to the BT Wifi offering. Thats very good.

However when you combine O2's free for all wifi and The Cloud, it becomes more wider.

Virgin media have acquired Arqiva Wifi, Arqiva's telephone boxes in the street known as New World have been sold off to Clear Channel who will replace them with better and modern designs and will retain the partially free Virgin/Arqiva wifi.

BT also intend to offer the same known as LinkUK. 

So the streets will be covered with a lot of free wifi so isnt a great deal for many.

Runner
Post 57 of 71

I too had to come away from 3 mobile because of the reception in our area we had to go outside to make and take a phone call. We went to Virgin because at time we were with them for tv landlines and broadband but it's been crazy for me now to upgrade my mobile and it's due because my account is in my husbands name and he refuses to go through the rigmarole of conditions being account holder so going to have to change networks again so I can be in charge of my own account. What a palava.

Researcher
Post 58 of 71

Be very careful I'm a sky customer and got the £10 a month sim and I've just been cut off because I've got £47 pound charges when it's supposed to be free phoned them and they said I forgot to click the little box when applying even though I received a text yesterday saying my free unlimited calls and texts have been activated I advise you to check your account if you have this 

Oracle
Post 59 of 71

Wendy+blogger wrote:

Be very careful I'm a sky customer and got the £10 a month sim and I've just been cut off because I've got £47 pound charges when it's supposed to be free phoned them and they said I forgot to click the little box when applying even though I received a text yesterday saying my free unlimited calls and texts have been activated I advise you to check your account if you have this 

Hi @Wendy+blogger If you are not happy with the service you have received then this shows you how to make a complaint.

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Highlighted
Researcher
Post 60 of 71

If you were satisfied with Virgin Mobile network coverage then try EE or BT Mobile as Virgin uses that network.

If your not looking for a new phone EE do have some good value Prepay packs and also sim only pay monthly deals,BT also offer good sim only deals too whether you are with BT or not however to get the cheapest deal with BT you need to have BT Broadband.

But as it stands Sky Mobile is not as good value as they make out and I will not be activating my sim

Recommended Threads
02-04-2017 09:45 AM
4 weeks ago 10:26 PM
Blacknighy 18-05-2017 01:32 PM
04-04-2017 05:50 PM
30-03-2017 11:55 AM