Phones not working?

Answered
Go to Answer
Researcher
Post 1 of 33

Phones not working?

Both of my iPhone X’s won’t work as of this morning. Neither will receive or make calls and the signal bars at the top keep disappearing completely. 

I desperately need the phones ones to work but can’t even call sky to find out what’s wrong. Help! 

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Runner
Post 2 of 33

Re: Phones not working?

Seems to be a problem with sky .They haven't been working all morning for me on all 3 of my Sims. 

All Replies
Answer
Runner
Post 2 of 33

Seems to be a problem with sky .They haven't been working all morning for me on all 3 of my Sims. 

New Viewer
Post 3 of 33

I have a similar problem and am trying to invetigate I will call sky shortly if I can get through

Researcher
Post 4 of 33

There’s another thread about this. Apparently it’s an issue in the North West with major outages in mobile and broadband networks.

I’m in a similar situation in that I use my phone for work and I’m currently sat in Tesco using their WiFi to sort through emails.

No email from Sky to mention anything and no apology. Very inconvenient.

Rob
Runner
Post 5 of 33

Both of mine are not working either, I can make and receive calls, just no data. 

Researcher
Post 6 of 33

They are showing 3G but saying no internet connection if I actually try and do anything. Calls just say call ended if I attempt and if someone calls me it’s like the numbers don’t exist. My wife is in hospital and because of this I have absolutely no way of contacting her and her contacting me if there is a problem. 

Ive had no email etc to state network issues and there isn’t even a message on the website to say they have problems which doesn’t help. 

Sound Designer
Post 7 of 33

I am in Surrey - 5 bars showing and Sky logo - no outgoing or incoming calls either.

Researcher
Post 8 of 33

No that’s it. My partner was ringing a taxi to work this morning and noticed it wasn’t working.

It really isn’t ideal especially in your situation or mine when I need my phone for work! Not getting any incoming calls as an Area Manager is a pain in the backside! Thank god for WiFi and WhatsApp!

Rob
Community Manager
Post 9 of 33

I'll be adding information as and when I get it to this thread - http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/Text-messages-failing/td-p/2820409 

We're aware of a problem and are working on a fix just now. 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Researcher
Post 10 of 33

and On a bank holiday weekend too 👎🙈

Viewer
Post 11 of 33

I am in Glasgow, i cant make or receive calls either, my wifi is working tho (for the moment) again no warning or email from sky to say that there is a issue. Hope it's fixed soon!

Runner
Post 12 of 33

My phone is sending texts but not receiving them or receiving calls, also no mobile data at all, its not even showing that its trying to find any, at 1st I thought it was turned off but it isn't. 

Sound Designer
Post 13 of 33

I am now able to make and receive calls.

Researcher
Post 14 of 33

Mine worked briefly about 8.15 when I received one call but then it went back to none. And still no mobile data.

looks like another coffee and staying in Tesco a bit longer lol

Rob
Researcher
Post 15 of 33

my sky mobile has been interment all morning phone shows it has a signal but cuts off when i callhowever its being working for the last 15 mins i am in east sussex

Recommended Threads
25-04-2018 10:48 PM
C+kilty 04-03-2018 06:33 PM
Jack8679 2 weeks ago 05:35 PM
22-04-2018 05:03 PM
11-02-2018 05:07 PM