Competition Premium Text Numbers

Researcher
Post 1 of 55

Competition Premium Text Numbers

Why can’t I text premium rate competition numbers? Surely I pay my bill so it’s my choice? 

All Replies
Runner
Post 2 of 55

Re: Competition Premium Text Numbers

I can’t send them either. 

Oracle
Post 3 of 55

Sky doesn't yet support short numbers like these but are working on getting them up and running so it will probably be sometime next year before that happens.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 4 of 55

Sky use O2 network.

I was with O2 before switching to sky and wish I never bothered.

They seem to have blocks in place by O2 and disputes but not telling us what's going on. Spoke to sky thinking it was a security block and that you need to request to remove it and was told it's a known issue with no resolution date set and will be on going.

VERY POOR and wasn't told any of these issues when taking out my contract 

Community Manager
Post 5 of 55

I believe the delay in adding shortcodes is the fact that they need to be ported over from O2. We're not just porting them over en masse but are vetting them and matching them to the service they provide. There are supposed to be well over 130,000 of them so it's a big job. We're prioritising shortcodes like the ones from banks etc. but obviously that means there are a lot left to port to our network. 

thanks 

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Runner
Post 6 of 55

Hi Sam, thanks for that. However as Sky is a huge company I would strongly suggest that more resources are put into this to get this sorted ASAP. I’m new to Sky mobile but am a Premier member and not happy about this, nor about the lack of O2 signal at home, and will not be staying at end of my contract if this is not sorted soon, and I know I’m not alone in that.

Boom Operator
Post 7 of 55

You are aware that Sky can do absolutely nothing about your signal at home?

Runner
Post 8 of 55

Of course - it was just showing another issue - which as a large company who specifically chose O2, they should be able to exert a bit of pressure to get them to increase their coverage throughout.

Viewer
Post 9 of 55

I too am miffed about this. I also assumed it was an issue to do with charges and to prevent bills running high. To read that this is a service I can’t be provided is incredibly infuriating. 5 digit numbers aren’t that uncommon amongst businesses, charities, national comps, etc. This is making me regret my contract. I shall terminate as soon as possible if this isn’t resolved when I’m due for renewal. 

Runner
Post 10 of 55

This is really annoying - i had a hospital appointment and received a text asking for feedback which I can’t give because the reply won’t send. 

Disappointing from Sky - can’t see us keeping our 2 mobiles with them after our contract is up. 

Runner
Post 11 of 55

I am furious about this Why isn't this made clear to potential new customers I have spent ages trying to figure out why I cannot enter competitions on my phone. A company as big as Sky should have had this sorted before hand. As per previous posters it also affects not just competitions but also responses to NHS surveys etc. 

Researcher
Post 12 of 55

I’ve been thinking about the ‘porting’ of numbers, but surely that only applies to existing numbers like when I change networks but keep my number. Short codes can just be set up anytime like a new phone number so surely they don’t require porting?  

Researcher
Post 13 of 55

I also won’t be staying with Sky mobile once my contract is up. I’m going to go back to tiff gaff as I can get unlimited data for £20 a month which is great for me as I listen to the radio on my phone and it quickly uses up my data and i’m not buying extra as it’s already expensive enough. 

Community Manager
Post 14 of 55

@Stephfaye wrote:

I am furious about this Why isn't this made clear to potential new customers I have spent ages trying to figure out why I cannot enter competitions on my phone. A company as big as Sky should have had this sorted before hand. As per previous posters it also affects not just competitions but also responses to NHS surveys etc. 

morning @Stephfaye - what was the NHS number you were texting. I've checked and the 111 number is on our list as well as 62111.

Thanks

Sam
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Researcher
Post 15 of 55

I've just spent the last hour trying to update my phone to realise it makes absolutely no difference! So not only can I not get WiFi calling but I can't enter competitions etc or send pictures yet! I feel really cheated about this and if I had known these things were network rather than phone dependent I would never have joined sky mobile.