Help
Help

Sky+HD, SkyHD & Sky 3D
Occasional Visitor
Notext

cannot get teletext on my tv. why?

Why am I unable to get teletext and interactive services on my TV?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff (Retired)
batweb79

Hi Notext,   Skytext and Teletext are only available on c...

Hi Notext,

Skytext and Teletext are only available on certain channels.

Skytext is available on Sky1 & the Sky Sports channels, Teletext is only available on the BBC channels. In both instances you press the red button on your remote to access these services.

If this resolves your enquiry please mark this as an accepted solution, otherwise please post on the relevant board on the forum where the community or we can assist further.

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sean+noon

hi i cant get on my teletext on my sky can you help thank...

hi i cant get on my teletext on my sky can you help thank you.

Community Coordinator
Diane08

Hi sean-noon   Welcome to the Sky Forum and thanks for yo...

Hi sean-noon

Welcome to the Sky Forum and thanks for your First post.

Lets see if we can shine some light on Teletext for you:smileyhappy:

Firstly there needs to be a compatible Teletext TV.(not all Tv's have decoders)

With regards to Teletext many Broadcasters have started to phase out this facility  as this is an analogue text service and it is not compatible on Sky+HD or SkyHD Boxes.(connected via a HDMI cable)

To View Teletext on one of these boxes you need to connect the box by a Scart  or RF Cable  to your TV and remember to switch the Channel on your TV.

To see if thsi is working  tune into Channel 4 (104) on Sky and press the Text or Teletext Button on the TV  remote if this is not present, then the Tv may not be compatible, please refer to Tv's manual for further information.

If all the above appears to be in place, then please come back to the Sky Forum for further help.

Cheers

Diane

Community Coordinator

Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage

Occasional Visitor
Francis+Danson

I press the remote to go into teletext site. This is disp...

I press the remote to go into teletext site. This is displayed but once i press select for weather or any other heading the loading is no longer shown. When I press text button I am told this is not available. Can you help?

F J Danson

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi Francis+Danson,   Thanks for joining our forum to ask...

Hi Francis+Danson,

Thanks for joining our forum to ask about the Sky Text service.

On Wednesday 30th October, Sky customers will no longer be able to access Text services via the text button on their remote control.  When you open this up you will see a message advising you that this service is no longer available. Some customers who try and access the iText Holidays service may see this message come up from the 8th October as this closed earlier.

Regards,

Anne
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
gggbbb

Re: cannot get teletext on my tv. why?

You say we cant get teletext..u havnt said why we cant...i pay the full paklage i want to know why
Contributor
oj01

There is a bigger thread on the 'Watching Sky' board, but basically Sky Teletext doesn't exist anymore !
Community Coordinator
Darcy-D

Hi gggbbb,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the late response.

The reason we have removed Sky Text is because we’re always looking to find new ways to bring you our great content and now with so many sky services available, you can still keep up to date with the latest news by going to sky.com.

Thanks.

Darcy
Community Coordinator

Contributor
oj01

Hi Darcy

What an absolute rubbish corporate reply.

None of your alternative methods have the convenience offered by sky text.
Occasional Visitor
mlc1

SKY TELETEX.

Disgusted to find (without notice) that the excellent Sky teletex service has been discontinued!!.  This should be re-instated at the earliest opportunity in order that Sky's customer base isn't affected.  I assume it is a cost cutting measure (although my Sky bill continues to rise), but this is a false economy if disgruntled customers turn againt Sky.

Super User
kato

Re: SKY TELETEX.

I'm disappointed like you and others but it was advertised every time you went on to Sky Text saying it will be withdrawn on the 30th of October.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
mlc1

Speaking to Sky today, apparantly some people got the warning of its withdrawal, but others (like me) didn't.  She did advise me to complain and if enough were to do so, I'm sure Sky would review their decision.

Contributor
kong170

The notice was in the sky text and you didn't pay for sky text.
Super User
kato

I for one would welcome it back but I think I can safely say it's not coming back.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.