Help
Help

Sky+HD, SkyHD & Sky 3D
catty80
Accepted Solution

My sky box wont turn on and it is showing an orange light instead of a green light

I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but the orange light comes on instead of the green light on the box

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Re: My sky box wont turn on and it is showing an orange light instead of a green light

Hi catty80,

Thanks for making your post.

Are you completely unable to get the box to come out from stand by?  Have you tried pressing the stand by button on the remote and also the box itself to rule out one of these being at fault?

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
catty80

Re: My sky box wont turn on and it is showing an orange light instead of a green light

Hi Garry,

yes I have tried using both the remote and the box itsef, I have unplugged it and left it a while but still nothing, it goes from a red light to orange

Super User
kato

Try these procedures.If you need to carry out the second part you will however lose all of your saved recordings.

1. Power the box off at the mains power supply.

3. Locate the backup button on the front/top of the box.

4. Press and hold in the Backup button, and while doing this switch the box back on at the mains supply.

5. Continue to hold the Backup button after you have powered on, you should see within 60 seconds 3 more lights come on the front of the box? At this stage you can release the Backup button.

6. If you have 4 lights lit, it means the box is going through the forced download procedure. Leave for 15 minutes then try to see if your Issue is resolved.

If that fails then the next step will be a front panel reset (This will reformat the hard drive losing all saved recordings):

2. Locate the left and right arrow buttons either side of the select button on the front/top of the box.

3. Press and hold both the left and right arrow buttons in together, and while holding power the box back on and continue to hold the buttons after the red light comes back on.

4. Continue to hold the buttons, you should see within 60 seconds, the blue/green circle light in the centre of the box light up a full circle.

5. Let go the buttons then press select button on the box twice.

6. You should see the blue/green circle light moving anti-clockwise and the record and play lights in the centre flashing on/off.

7. Once the lights go off, the box will have rebooted and you will now only have the red standby light lit on the box.

8. If you can now wait 2 minutes before switching the box back on from standby to see if the fault has resolve

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
catty80

Thank you so much, the first procedure worked!
Occasional Visitor
Grrroachy

You only went and helped me sort it out! Thanks dude. (1st option worked!)

Regular Visitor
lesdoyle

Im doing the following, as advised - but after i press the select button twice (5) the lights are going off and the box remains on amber light ???

2. Locate the left and right arrow buttons either side of the select button on the front/top of the box.

3. Press and hold both the left and right arrow buttons in together, and while holding power the box back on and continue to hold the buttons after the red light comes back on.

4. Continue to hold the buttons, you should see within 60 seconds, the blue/green circle light in the centre of the box light up a full circle.

5. Let go the buttons then press select button on the box twice.

6. You should see the blue/green circle light moving anti-clockwise and the record and play lights in the centre flashing on/off.

7. Once the lights go off, the box will have rebooted and you will now only have the red standby light lit on the box.

8. If you can now wait 2 minutes before switching the box back on from standby to see if the fault has resolve

Regular Visitor
lesdoyle

After last nights complete waste of an evening, doing forced update over and over again - im happy to report it all seems well..........for now

Im now on the latest version (11) but this lack of service from Sky is ridiculous

Regular Visitor
lesdoyle

Well that didnt last long !!

Mine crashed 3 times during the Spurs v Arsenal match.....missed 2 of the goals :smileysad:

So, despite the forced update and now being on version 11, its still happening !

Occasional Visitor
FOXY12

SECOND OPTION WORKED FOR ME, CHEERS:smileyhappy:

Visitor
Carlz

Thank you, it's fixed and the little one can watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse again!
Occasional Visitor
Jem20

I tried first suggestion but it didn't work. Second suggestion doesn't apply as its my multi room box (no circle)

Any ideas???
aacre1981

How did you end up sorting your box my multiroom one is doing the same
Occasional Visitor
NickRedhill

Tried first method and didn't work but thanks to previous poster who said had tried it several times to get a result. It worked for me after two forced downloads. Glad no need to do full reset.
Community Manager
Erinn-R

Hi NickRedhill,

Thank you for posting an update, i am glad to hear that you have resolved this :smileyhappy:

If you have any re-occurance of this issue please don't hesitate to repost so that we may help you

Thanks again

Erinn
Community Manager
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.