Help
Help

Sky+HD, SkyHD & Sky 3D
Occasional Visitor
Magenta
Accepted Solution

Curry's Sandstrom TV

My Sky HD+ remote control doesn't recognise my new Sandstrom TV so we have to use 2 remote controls - the television one purely to change the volume.

Currys now confirm that Sky does not recognise their own-make t.v

Sky employee confirmed that we would just have to use 2 remote controls.

Does anyone know of any generic codes or ways we could get round this, please?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: Curry's Sandstrom TV

You may not need two remotes. Check the Logitech Harmony website for remote compatibility with your Sandstrom. If not there, contact them on 0800 032 64 33 .  Harmony do remotes with an infrared 'learning' function.  These remote do not come pre-loaded, the remote has to be set up online according to which devices are to be controlled.  Not for everyone, but great when you've got it up-and-running.  Research carefully before you buy.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Dsldude

It would help to know who really makes the TV as sandstorm will just be a rebadge

but Currys probably wont tell you that, and if they dont know the code then not sure anybody

else would.

Frequent Visitor
jay-be

Normally this is most easily done by entering the code for the manufacturer - but in this case as you dont know who the manufacturer is you can actually try all the codes present in the remote - it can take up to 15 mins to cycle through them all though...

Do the following:

Step and set

1. First Set the remote control to the TV Mode, then turn on the TV that you want to operate.
  2. Press and hold the 'Select' and 'Red' keys simultaneously, until the LED blinks twice. (
  3. Press and release the 'TV' key
  4. Aim the remote control at the TV and press the power button. The TV should turn off (or go to standby).
  5. If the TV does not turn off, press and release the 'TV' key and repeat step 4. When the TV does turn off, got to step 6.
  6. Press and release the 'Select' key to lock in the ID code that operated your TV. The LED will blink twice after pressing Select to indicate that the code was programmed.

Once the unit goes through the entire memory of ID codes without selecting an ID, the LED blinks three times and the unit exits the Step and Set Mode.
(The next time this sequence of steps is initiated, the stepping will start from one ID above the ID used in step 6, allowing the user to cycle through the remaining codes in the device library.)

Regular Visitor
llinoswynne

Thank you Dsldude.

I have contacted Currys and they don't know the code.  They just tell me Sky haven't caught up with their new brand.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Thanks jay-be, Just to add we don't currently have anything listed for Sandstrom. If you do manage to get a code with the above process you can identify the exact code with the "blink back" process. Posting the model number of the TV and the code you get on here would be very helpful for other community members.

1. Press tv (one flash on remote)
  2. Press and hold select and red till you get two flashes
  3. Key in 990 (two flashes)
  4. Press 1 then count how many flashes you get and take a note (this may be 0)
  5. Press 2 count and note the flashes
  6. Press 3 count and note the flashes
  7. Press 4 count and note the flashes
  8. You should have a 4 digit code

Note: If you post a code could you also take the battery cover off the remote you are using and let us know if you see the words "Sky Rev." and if so what comes next so that we can tell what version of remote you have? The way we interpret the code and other people enter it in future varies for some older remotes.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
aerials+plus

hi all...... i know all over this forum it says that sandstrom wont work with a sky hd remote, but sandstrom works fine using the alba code which is 0043...hope this helps everyone with a sandstrom tv and to sky who dont know there arse from there elbo....hmmmm well.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

I rather think the onus is on the manufacturer to inform Sky and Virgin which code is going to work on their respective remotes.:smileywink:  God knows how many new tv models appear every month.  As Sky and Virgin are in so many homes nowadays, you would think a simple email from manufacturers to Sky/Virgin wouldn't be asking too much.

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi, If anyone can confirm this code works on their Sandstrom and what the TV model number is it would be appreciated. Thanks for sharing the code aerials+plus.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
kellyk3

Hi There,

I have tried the ALBA code 0043 on my sky remote for my Sandstrom TV and unfortunately it doesn't work :smileysad:

Has anyone heard of any other codes for this TV brand yet?

Cheers

KellyK

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi kellyk3, how did you enter the code? The way four digit codes are entered depends on the version of the remote control. Could you try this:

• Press TV and you should see one flash at the top of the remote.
  • Press and hold select and red till you get two flashes.
  • Press 043 then select.
  • Try the volume button.

If this does not help you could try the processes mentioned on this thread.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
PRETTY+WOMAN+1951

Having purchased a SANDSTROM LED tv from curry's and decided to upgrade to sky+HD, I  found that the sky remote control code could not be found for this tv.  after trying numberous codes from the internet etc. , all to no avail, i stumbled on the CODE  0060. This code is for a Samsung - which probably makes Sandstrom. The code worked for me. give it a try.

Occasional Visitor
PRETTY+WOMAN+1951

Go through the remote control set up and enter the code 0060. This is the code for Samsung. who probably make Sandstrom anyway. by the way my sky+hd remote control is version 9, if that helps. the version can be located in the back of the battery compartment.

Occasional Visitor
PRETTY+WOMAN+1951

after trying for ages to get the code to set up my sky remote control, if found it. it is 0060. this is the code for SAMSUNG, who probably make sandstrom.it worked for me.

Occasional Visitor
PRETTY+WOMAN+1951

I found out by sheer luck and after trying many many codes that the code for SAMSUNG 0060 works. so obviously samsung make sandstrom.