Help
Help

Sky+HD Picture & Sound
nothaving+fun

NO signal error 29 can anyone help - communal dish

I also have a communal dish, we had high winds on Thursday but my sky was working during this weather, i went to bed and woke to find my sky was showing a message of no signal error 29. I phoned sky they said they would send an engineer until i said it was a communal dish, phoned the installation company who came out and put in my sky box last month, they said nothing to do with them as it sounds like a dish problem. I spoke with one of my neighbours last night and found that their sky is working fine with no problems, but mines isnt, i have done all the troubleshooting that i can think off but still nothing, this is a single input, and states signal strength is 0, it says signal input 1 not locked. I cant cope just now missing so much sport and dont have a clue what i am meant to do, i am just renting the property but this is my only way of recieving television....can anyone offer advice please.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Mark39

Re: NO signal error 29 can anyone help - communal dish

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
nothaving+fun

I have tried all the troubleshooting plus some of my own but i cant get a signal, i dont understand why i have none but my neighbour does? i honestly have tried everything even a complete reset off my box.

Super User
kato

See if your neighbour will let you try your box at their premise.If it works you know the box is okay if not you have a problem with the cabling.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
nothaving+fun

tried that as well, the box is fine....phoned sky they said nothing to do with them, put me onto the people who installed my box as they sky dont deal with communal systems, the installers of box said that sounded like a dish problem and they had nothing to do with that, think i will have to contact rent company and get them to have the landlord talk to the residential management for the block of flats, something tells me i am in for a long wait until normal service is resumed as nothing happens quick, cant believe it just when all the big sport is on....

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi nothaving+fun,

Can you let us know how you get on with the management team for the flat? I hope it gets resolved soon for you. I am not sure if you are aware of our Sky Go service, this may give you some access to the Sports Channels while you await the dish being fixed. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
nothaving+fun

Hi, i am aware of Sky Go however i am worried about how much of my broadband it uses as I am on the sky lite option, I cant afford to keep paying money out to sky and if i go over the 2gb allowance then that will be another 7.50 on top of the 70.00 i am paying already. I phoned my rental company this morning who have said they will let factor company know, I dont think people realise the urgency in all of this.

Super User
Mark39

As you've found, communal systems are a nightmare. First, there's usually some dispute about whether it's a box problem and therefore Sky's responsibility, or a communal system problem which isn't. How is the end user supposed to know? Then you have to find who's responsible for maintaining the communal system, then you have to get them to sort it out and (usually) pay their extortionate charges.

I'm sure you're right and nobody in the chain will have any particular interest in getting this fixed urgently on your behalf. I think you'll have to nag them on a regular basis until you see some action.

nothaving+fun

I think the only saving grace is that I am renting, therefore any costs to get the cables and dishes fixed should not fall at my feet but either the building management company or the landlord. I agree that it is going to take some chasing, its just the timing that has annoyed me more than anything and the lack of interest shown by the letting agency.  Believe me I am about to become the customer from hell.....

Occasional Visitor
Nerisha

Hi. I have the same problem since getting SKY tv in december. It's a nightmare trying to sort out and I'm just about to cancel my contract. Did you get it sorted out?
Occasional Visitor
margey

Re: NO signal error 29 can anyone help -

i am having trouble getting satalite no signal i have tried all on internet but still no signal
Occasional Visitor
Emmaspixie

We are having the exact same problem except no one else in my block has sky. Luckily, as they are new build flats, Sky was installed at construction so the costs should be recoverable under the service charge. Sky have not been the most helpful. One advisor tells me call engineer. one tells me to exhaust all possibilities first. One tells me to wait a day. I get told its probably the weather or scaffolding but the weather has been fine for 4 days now and there is absolutely no scaffolding. i asked if it was perhaps a local issue as i am aware of 4 other people who have has the exact same issue. It is perhaps a coincidence but all of us have had to also reset our sky passwords to access sky go. I did not get an answer. Will be speaking to my management company today (Scottish holidays for the past 4 days) and see if we can get this issue resolved. 

Super User
Mark39

If it's an issue shared amongst several other flats, chances are it's a problem with the communal system. You're right to be talking to the management company about it: Sky aren't permitted to touch communal systems unless they installed the system.

Occasional Visitor
Emmaspixie

Totally agree but often residents are unaware of who has installed the communal sky systems. I appreciate now that Sky have nothing to do with them but now it's finding out if the company who did are still in existance and if they are, getting them to come out and if they are not, finding a company who will. Just a bit frustrating it happened over the Christmas break when a lot of people have time off but I know that can't be helped.

Occasional Visitor
baie+du+tombeau

no signal 29,  what do I do?

Thank you