Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Sky Go
Get connected with Sky Go to access a world of entertainment on the move. Whether you need advice on getting the most from Sky Go, compatibility of your device or technical help.
Occasional Visitor
en3gal

sky go not working on windows 8 and 8.1

is anybody able to use skygo on windows 8 yet?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: sky go not working on windows 8 and 8.1

It is hit and miss if this will work on Windows 8 as some people have managed to get it working while others haven't. Really you are only going to find out by installing it but it is not officially supported by Sky should you run into any problems.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
DazmaniacSky

When is it likely to be 'offically supported' by Sky?

Or is it another platform that is not iOS that has to wait an eternity to get supported?

Occasional Visitor
en3gal

i had it working once on windows 8 then when i installed windows 8.1 it wouldnt work, and the only way to find out if it works is to register the device on sky go, somif doesnt work yu then cant change it for amonth for a different device, it just seems its too much effort and sky customer service are absolutely useless when you speask to them about this so i just give up!!

Super User
rscott

They're working on support for both Windows 8+ and OSX Mavericks, but no published date for support yet.
Occasional Visitor
theowlsman

Get this sorted Sky.

It's absolutely pathetic that the charge for Sky services is so high yet you to fail to provide the services being paid for (by some customers at least).

Get the services rolled out to all customers whatever platform or operating system they are using eh?

Very, very amateurish, and guaranteed to pee off your fee paying customers.

Atrocious customer service!

Occasional Visitor
AndrewLev

I had this problem.

Firstly, download Mozilla Firefox, Skygo has better compatibility with it.

Secondly, run a 'fix' on Silverlight. Do a search for "Silverlight fix", the first result in your search engine should be the Microsoft "How to clean Silverlight"  page which has a 'fix' button within it.

Then reload Firefox and login to Skygo.

Hope that works for you.

Frequent Visitor
Jonmar

Had it working perfectly until last week, it suddenly displayed the message error t:6038/c:4110. I have tried everything that has been suggested by community forum. All to no avail. Just to be mischievous it works perfectly with BT sport.

Occasional Visitor
ebonyeyes

It works for me on internet explorer 11 via windows 8.1

Make sure you use the desktop browser, turn of tracking protection for sky go websites, and install the latest Silverlight plugin. You should be fine as long as you keep things simple.

It works but it not fun to use because sky have neglected to update anything on windows. Their focus is apple tablets. They can make an awesome windows 8 app or web portal, but they choose not to. A real shame for the millions of users out there.
Contributor
NickCWA

[ Edited ]

I have got it to work on other browsers by running those browsers (IE or Safari) as an administrator.

For example for IE:

1. Install Silverlight as descriobed in my previous post (uninstall, download, restart, change compatibility to Windows 7 and run as administrator.
  2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer or C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.
  3. Right click on IExplore.exe to display a menu.
  4. Click "run as administrator".
  5. Go to Sky go etc.

should work now.

Nick

Occasional Visitor
skygowatcher

Windows users unite and vote with your direct debit cancelation. You can live without this pathetic so called service - see how they get on without your money
Community Manager
Sam-R

Just a quick word on cancelling your Direct Debit. We recommend you do not do this until your cancellation has been confirmed by us as per the second last paragraph in this article.

Money could still need to move from your account to Sky (or vice versa) so safest to make sure the cancellation is processed before doing so.

Sam
Community Manager (Apps & Online)
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
SandraBullock

Lol. Ah, Sky....no comment until DD's are mentioned...the smell of money, huh!? 

It's September 2014. Windoes 8.1. Sky Go Extra not working on this laptop - never has to date.