Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Sky Go
Get connected with Sky Go to access a world of entertainment on the move. Whether you need advice on getting the most from Sky Go, compatibility of your device or technical help.
Occasional Visitor
josofine

error code t 6038 / c 4110

Im trying to watch the football but cant. do these codes mean anything to anyone? sky go says my laptop is not one of my registered devices but I only have one registered! please help

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
frisco4

Re: error code t 6038 / c 4110

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Sky-Go-error-t6038-c1501/td-p/439343 message 2 solution helped me perfectly with as the same error code as yours.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
justbruce

Thanks,  it was indeed Silverlight that was the problem.

Community Coordinator
lainys

Hello justbruce,

So nice of you to take the time to come back and let us know that it was a Silverlight issue you were having when trying to watch the football via your laptop on Sky Go.

If you have anymore issues please come back and let us know and we will do our best to help :smileyhappy:.

Kind Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Iain+G

Thanks for this - solved my problem!!
Occasional Visitor
JayJay1991

I'm getting the same problem and have been for a few weeks. I've tried the suggested fix by clearing the Silverlight application storage data but that hasn't solved it. Help, this is very very very irritating when trying to watch football whilst at University. 

Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Thanks for taking the time to post JayJay1991,

Sorry to see you are getting error code t6038/c4110. So we can look into further can you confirm you have followed all steps within this link.

Please let me know so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Super User
caesarome

This should fix the 6038 problem:

1.Open Microsoft Silverlight by going to the Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Silverlight.
2.Click on the Application Storage tab.
3.Ensure the box is checked to Enable Application Storage at the bottom of the window.
4.Select any entries in the window that mention Sky, Sky Go or Sky Player and hit the delete button to remove these entries.
5.Click on the Playback tab and ensure the box is checked to Enable download and updates to components required for protected content playback.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Regular Visitor
Gazzaa1959

[ Edited ]

Got it working on my windows 8 laptop now, unistalled everything and reinstalled and then had a white blank screen.

I the refreshed it and it worked, beeen on it since and dont have to refresh. Not installed Sky go, just going to the website and logging in.

Thanks to all who have replied.

Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Hi Gazzaa1959

Thanks for sharing that you got this resolved and can now enjoy SkyGo :-)

If you do have any other issues in the future please get back to us.

Thanks

kirkie50
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
pompey08

I HAD this for a couple of weeks. I have an acer Aspire5920 laptop and I was using Mozilla Firefox. Tried everything regards Silverlight but it didnt fix it. Opened up Internet Explorer, logged into Sky Go and HEY PRESTO   no error codes and watching SKY GO no problem. Went back into Firefox, clicked on HELP, troubleshooting problem, RESET TO DEFAULT.  Logged onto SKY GO and everything os now OK. Looks as though the problem is with the search engine and not SKY GO.

Super User
caesarome

pompey08 wrote:

Looks as though the problem is with the search engine and not SKY GO.

The problem is down to a program called silverlight that is installed on your computer.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
gooner1980

Ok ive read this topic and i have deleted and re installed skylight plus gone into the skylight settings and clicked enable at the bottom left corner plus delete all the topics listed....I still hve the same problem?

Community Coordinator
lainys

Hello Gooner1980.

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your post today.

Can I ask first of all what device are you using and what Operating System are you using also what web browser you are using  and have you already tried a different  one?

When you carried out the troubleshooting to resolve this issue did you also delete the play ready folder before you rebooted your device and reinstalled the new Silverlight?

Please follow this link and the step to step instructions for your device.

Please come back and let us know if this resolved the issue you are having.

Kind Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator

gooner1980

none of that works....I am using windows 7 on my laptop, tried firefox and explorer.

I have also deleted playback aswell.

laptop is asus n55S

I have my adroid phone contected to skygo which works fine but no luck with my laptop.

regards Jamie