Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Sky Go
Get connected with Sky Go to access a world of entertainment on the move. Whether you need advice on getting the most from Sky Go, compatibility of your device or technical help.
Occasional Visitor
KT0608

Skygo not working on my laptop or mobile :(

I am unable to watch anything on sky go on my laptop or mobile. I have installed silverlight and already tried uninstalling and installing again and it did not work. My laptop uses windows 7 and I am using an Iphone 4. 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Skygo not working on my laptop or mobile :(

You say Sky Go is not working on either of them but what actually happens, do you see an error messages for example ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
june+morgan

when I try to watch the bigest looser it keeps telling me to go to the help pages. I have uninstaled and instald silver light but some programms work and some don't

regards J Morgan

Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi June,

Nothing more annoying than when you can't watch your favourite program but don't worry we'll do what we can to get you back up and running.

Can you give me your exact error message. Does it happen on all content or just specific episodes? 

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
SUAREZSTEETH

hi,i too have the same problem but only mine is every channel,it starts to load then displays the message "apologies this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching.[t:6038/c:4110]. Still nothing happens.....help.

Super User
caesarome

SUAREZSTEETH wrote:

hi,i too have the same problem but only mine is every channel,it starts to load then displays the message "apologies this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching.[t:6038/c:4110]. Still nothing happens.....help.

This should fix it:

1. Open Microsoft Silverlight by going to the Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Silverlight.
2. Click on the Application Storage tab.
3. Ensure the box is checked to Enable Application Storage at the bottom of the window.
4. Select any entries in the window that mention Sky, Sky Go or Sky Player and hit the delete button to remove these entries.
5. Click on the Playback tab and ensure the box is checked to Enable download and updates to components required for protected content playback.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
SUAREZSTEETH

Much appreciated caesarome,am now up and running,thanks again mate.

Occasional Visitor
prb123

my sky go stopped working when i moved my broadband service to sky in november. it hasnt worked since despite trying this and deinstalling everything and wireless and ethernet options. live tv works though but sky cant figure out why sky go has stopped when it was perfect before. Im not getting anywhere and have had to write to complaints. any ideas? only thing changed was on o2 broadband previous with no issue. all other catch up works i.e bbc etc. the sound is on but the picture freezes and stop starts and freezes my whole system so have to log out.

Community Coordinator
Laura-H

Hey prb123,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear about this but let's try some troubleshooting. Also, please can you try deleting and re-installing the app. Once you've done all of this please let me know the results and if you're still experiencing this issue we will carry on with some more steps.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks.

Laura-H
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Tylerbob

Re: Skygo not working on my tablet

Hi I have no sound on my sky go the programme comes on but no sound can you help please its very annoying

Super User
caesarome

Re: Skygo not working on my tablet

Try deleting the app, rebooting your tablet and then install it again.

I do not work for Sky.