Sky Go
Get connected with Sky Go to access a world of entertainment on the move. Whether you need advice on getting the most from Sky Go, compatibility of your device or technical help.
Getting There
Snichy

Sky Go on Xbox One

Is there any indication of whether Sky Go (via Silverlight or an app) will be available on the recently announced Xbox One? I realise the official Sky word will be "wait and see" but was wondering if any techies out there would know whether it has the capability to support it just like the Xbox 360 does or of there are any plans in the pipeline already?
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
JonDavid

Re: Sky Go on Xbox One

[ Edited ]

Xbox One will be running a cut down version of Windows 8 in addition to the Xbox operating system, so Sky Go could well work as it stands within the browser without need for a Live subscription.  Sky are almost certainly going to upgrade the existing Player for Xbox and probably thinking about further integrating with Kinect for voice control, taking it beyond basic controls and integrating with the recorded stuff on planner. My kids could potentially control the Sky Box fully by voice.  " Xbox - put Octonauts on", which would be great if I had 2 children whio liked the same things. :smileywink:

I would love it if the 'HDMI in' let me record off my Sky Box in HD, but how likely is that?  We might see some second screen stuff, but it seems to me that second screen works better on an actual second screen, like the Sky Sports app on  the iPad - twitter feeds, stats and extra camera angles.

-edited for clarity.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Chris-McP

Hi Snicky,

Thanks for the post.

I would imagine there will be however that's just my thoughts. We have an update due to be posted on June 14th which will be covering SkyGo.

Stay in touch and we shall keep you informed.

Getting There
simontemplar

I have an Xbox currently running sky go and want to upgrade to the new Xbox one when it becomes available. I also have a Nokia Lumia 920 running windows phone 8 that does not support the sky go app and don't want to make the same mistake again by opting for an expensive device that does not support the sky go app. Can you categorically make a statement without ambiguity that the Xbox one will have the app waiting for those that want it when it is available for purchase?
Staff
Andy-F21

Nice to hear from you today Simontemplar, I'd like to help out with your Sky Go query :smileyhappy:

As it stands at the present time, we have absolutely no information on whether Sky Go will be supported on Xbox One.

If this was to change then we would update our customer information accordingly.

I hope this helps clear up where we are in terms of Sky Go on the Xbox One. If you need anything else then please feel free to come back to me and I'll assist further.

Thanks,

Getting There
boyknowsclass

Its not listed in the initial launch list. Funnily enough Now TV is though. So i guess that's a no for now.
Explorer
Rudolph+Raindeer

I was just coming on to ask about Sky go on the Xbox one,  as above I see today that Now TV is listed as a launch app,  any news on Sky Go for Xbox One?  Was hoping it would be there for launch and I could get away from using the terrible app we have now for Xbox 360 with the poor picture quality,  any news would be appreciated ,  thanks :smileyhappy: 

Getting There
SilverSurferzRule

The fact that Sky's NOW TV is in the launch line-up implies that Sky Go won't be coming in the future either.

Sky are clearly not interested in people using Sky Go as they get no additional revenue from it.

Explorer
Rudolph+Raindeer

I personally do think we will see sky go on the Xbox One, could be wrong but I hope not as it's the thing I use most currently my 360 to watch Sky and it does bring them revenue because quite simply without Sky Go I wouldn't have my subscription as I use my Xbox more than anythingtI watch Sky and it doesn't get used massively at home, fingers crossed for some good news.
Explorer
EddsBoxOne

[ Edited ]

I have 3 XBox 360's in my home & a full subscriber to SKY+

I've Pre-Ordered x2 XBoxOne's, the problem I have now is that my 2 boys have Sky-Go on their 360's in their bedrooms.

If Sky-Go is not coming to XBoxOne then quite simply I will be closing my SKY account and looking to try other options.

This I feel is not just an over-sight by MicroSoft but also Sky.

HELP.!!! 2 very upset kids......

I have checked NOW TV (powered by SKY).... I already pay £100.00 a month, I'm not paying an EXTRA £10 or more. When I now use SKY-GO free for my kids..... It's looking like Sky is attempting to FORCE existing customers of SKY-GO to fork out MORE  !!

Getting frustrated......

Getting There
SilverSurferzRule

[ Edited ]

Can we have an official statement from Sky as to when Sky Go is coming to the Xbox One please?

I think many Sky subscriptions, and purchases of Microsoft's Xbox One, hinge on whether Sky Go is coming to the platform, and when.

Chris-McP, you mentioned that you would have an update on June 14th specifically about Sky Go on the Xbox One. Can you let us know what that update is please?

Staff
Kris+McD

Hi Guys,

I will do my best to find out more on this for you and when we have the update we will post up. 

Cheers

Kris

Getting There
mkstatto

Why dont you keep your xbox 360's hooked up as well until sky release the app. Thats what Im doing, theres going to be 6 months of overlap with your games anyway. It could be a while, they havn't bothered releasing sky go for my nexus 10 and are appaling at updating for android.

Explorer
BECKYROB

It's so daft - I'd like to move my aged 360 upstairs when the Xbox One comes out; however it seems I'll have to keep onto it for Sky Go. FWIW I can't have a dish (listed property) and so have to rely on Go (which I'm very happy with). I get confused by NOW TV, but don't like the idea of shelling out for daily Sports pass - currently I pay £40'ish all-in which suits me down to the ground.

By the looks of things NOW TV is launching on Xbox One next year (NEXT YEAR?), so god only knows what that means for Sky Go.

Staff
LiamC88

[ Edited ]

Hi Guy's,

Thanks for taking your time to post.

It's great to see you are so keen to find out further information about Sky Go coming to the Xbox One, I'm the same and a complete Xbox fan:smileywink: so I can understand you want to find out as much information as possible.

Unfortunately at the moment we have no further details on a release date or if and when Sky Go will be available on this platform, I will be sure to keep you posted if I hear anything and we will be sure to make all of our customers aware.

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Thanks