Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Sky Go
Get connected with Sky Go to access a world of entertainment on the move. Whether you need advice on getting the most from Sky Go, compatibility of your device or technical help.
Getting There
foxwilliam

Sky Go Error Message t:6030/ c:4110

[ Edited ]

Have gone to use Sky Go on my laptop today, and get this error message for non-sky channels.... Sky branded channels play fine, but Gold, Watch and all the rest show this error.  It was fine yesterday, so would love to know if this is a Sky error, or something I can cure!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky Go Error Message t:6030/ c:4110

Have a read of this:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Sky-Go-Fix-C-1501-C-1503-and-C-16000-C-16040-C-4110-T-3137/ta-p/5...

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Uffffff

I'm having exactly the same issues...any resloution?

Super User
caesarome

Uninstall Microsoft Silverlight from your computer then reboot it and then install an older version.

To do this Google "old silverlight" and install version 5.0.61118 from the first website on the results page. Make sure you have automatic updates turned off on it so it doesn't update itself to the latest version.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Laura-H

Hey foxwilliam,

I'm sorry to hear about this, but let's get this resolved. Firstly, please may I ask if you're only experiencing theses issues on your laptop or are you experiencing them through another device too. I look forward from hearing from you and please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Thanks,

Laura-H
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Getting There
Uffffff

Thanks - that worked. Also needed to make a change to the registry to cover  the fact that I'm using an older version.

Community Coordinator
LauraW1

Hi there uffffff,

I'm glad to hear that this issue has been resolved.

If you need any further assistance do not hesitate to contact us on the forum.

Have a great weekend, 

Laura-W
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Getting There
Gregg+Redford

I'm experiencing the same problem. I replaced Silverlight with an earlier version and it did work with that earlier version. Despite restricting updates on the older version, Windows updated it and now I'm back to square one - with Non-Sky channels failing with error 6030. On reading through various forums this problem has existed for a number of years. The suggested 'work-around' (installing an older version of Silverlight) cannot be acceptable as a permanent solution. Surely, after all this time the issue should have been resolved without having to resort to a 'work-around'.
Getting There
Gregg+Redford

An update to my previous post. Microsoft seems to identified what is causing this action. The issue is addressed in the blog that can be found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/playready4/archive/2012/05/18/how-to-resolve-error-6030-in-silverlight-5-1-w...

This is NOT a user solution, the solution requires that Sky update their software to reflect the changes in Silverlight 5.1.
Getting There
BunnyRabbit

The workaround didn't work for me. Sky Go complained the version of Silverlight was out of date. Very annoying!!

Super User
caesarome

In the updates tab in Silverlight have you set it to "Never check for updates" or have you done this and it still looks for a new version ?

I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
BunnyRabbit

Yes I set that. But Sky Go did not like it. Asked me to install a newer version, so I let it just to see what would happen and I'm back to having the error message. Ho hum. Only wanted to watch the US Open. Bit late now!!

Getting There
Gregg+Redford

I set it to 'Never check for updates'. Google Chrome moaned everytime that a component was out of date, but did allow you to use it. I guess I must have pressed the wrong button and it updated. Nonetheless, the base problem is still the same why has the software not been updated to reflect the changes in Silverlight 5.1 rather than having to use this 'Heath-Robinson' approach of installing out-of-date software.

Getting There
Gregg+Redford

Update to previous message.

I have uninstalled Silverlight 5.1 and reinstalled 5.0.6 (remembering to check the Never check for update box).

I have checked various browsers and for information the following are the results:

Goggle Chrome - nags that the plug-in is out of date, but allows you to use it - you cannot disable the check.

Opera - will not use an out-of-date version - you cannot use Opera with this 'solution'.

Firefox - the same as Google Chrome - but you can disable the check.

Internet Explorer 11 - will not use an out-of-date version you cannot use IE11 with the solution.

Hope this helps other users with the same problem.

Graduate
SeanBir

If you use any remote access software on your machine like "TEAMVIEWER", try uninstalling it to see if it solves your problem.