Help
Help

Sky Go
Get connected with Sky Go to access a world of entertainment on the move. Whether you need advice on getting the most from Sky Go, compatibility of your device or technical help.
Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

asus ee transformer tablet 4.03

Hi pollyposhpants,

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome.

I do understand this is frustrating. As more and more smartphones and tablets come to market, the demand for Sky Go continues to increase at a phenomenal rate. We are continuing to develop as many devices as possible while at the same time innovating for the service so that it continues to raise the bar in terms of choice, flexibility and quality.

Kind Regards,
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
pollyposhpants

Re: asus ee transformer tablet 4.03

Thank you for your reply. Do you have a timescale?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

asus ee transformer tablet 4.03

[ Edited ]

Hi pollyposhpants,

We already support the Nexus 7 tablet and tablet specific development is on the roadmap for 2013. Further tablets will be added to the supported list the same way we add mobile smartphones today.

Regards,

dsg
Contributor
dsg

@pollyposhpants

Unlike everybody else, Sky insist on developing for each Android device individually rather than for the platform as a whole. This is part of the reason why they are forever miles behind the market and chasing their tails... very very slowly... it also means that there is every chance that your Transformer will sadly never be supported, along with many popular devices that could run Sky Go perfectly well if only Sky would allow them to.

Sky's idea of a timescale, as you can see, is to the nearest year if at all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note: An allegation is an assertion of fact. Anything posted above is merely an expression of opinion and contains no allegations, unproven, unfounded or otherwise.
Regular Visitor
pollyposhpants

I can't even get itv player on the transformer. Looks like I'll be getting a new tablet soon :-(
Regular Visitor
Westierules2000

Sky Go on Asus Android Tablet

Anyone have any ideas when sky go will be available on the new Asus ice cream sandwich 4.0 android tablet. just spent £400 on a tablet to watch F1 on the move and can't install  sky go app on it. Kinda wasted my money i feel!

Any date would be helpful!!

Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky Go on Asus Android Tablet

Nobody knows if or when it will work on any ICS device but as yours is a tablet then you could be looking at a very long time (4th question here):

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/sky-go-on-android/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Regular Visitor
Westierules2000

it's a joke isnt it.... All this tosh about market share and all that. Surely the amount of people talking about it on here shows that people are requiring it for Android Tablets now!

Occasional Visitor
scottytech

Pains me to say it but in this. Scenario you should have got an ipad.
Occasional Visitor
stiffyducky1317

[ Edited ]

I really cant believe it that i can't watch either .you think your buying the best kit and your really not <REMOVED> sky sort it out

Occasional Visitor
stiffyducky1317

Can you install an older os that will work
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi stiffyducky1317,

Unfortunately it's not possible to do this and it will not allow the Sky Go service to operate.

Regards.
Occasional Visitor
pocketwatchfreak

Come on Murdoch get your wallet out if you,ve any money left after filling the pockets of the phone hackers. Thousands of people have purchased Android devices to watch sky go and you are letting them down!!!

Regular Visitor
Taffie+Baggie

Asus Tablets

When will Skygo be available. Beginning to think Sky is Apple baised.
Community Manager
Andrew+Stevenson-Thorpe

Re: Asus Tablets

Taffie+Baggie

We will be releasing Sky Go support for a number of tablets throughout 2013. The schedule for which tablets and the dates for updates haven't been confirmed yet. 

As soon as this becomes available we will post it to the forum.

Andrew
Head of Communities & Social Media
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.