Help
Help

Sky Go
Get connected with Sky Go to access a world of entertainment on the move. Whether you need advice on getting the most from Sky Go, compatibility of your device or technical help.
Regular Visitor
Brian+Cooper1

Re: HTC One Max - not supported???

To add insult to injury, I see that the HTC One M8 - which is only just out - is supported already.  <please insert rude word of your choice here>

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
KingfisherUK

Brian+Cooper1 wrote:

To add insult to injury, I see that the HTC One M8 - which is only just out - is supported already.  <please insert rude word of your choice here>

Which to me suggests the delay with supporting the Max is for technical reasons rather than just ignoring the device.

Can't understand Sky's lack of explanation though.

I am not a Sky employee, any opinions in my posts are entirely my own.

Kingfisher i wish you would stop defending sky its getting rather boring.If you read what sky posted they clearly say its because of demand and does not  mention any tech  issues.If you know anythjng about the htc one max you wil know its specs including resoloution are the same as the htc one.The only difference is screen size .

It is yet again skys backward thinking that stops it being support and like they says themsleves demand or lack of it as they see ,this why they dont feel they have to support it .Like i keep saying you only have to look BT sports app to see how to provide an equal service across platforms .

Wheres our all in one app promised months ago,let me guess their struggling with it .

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
octadecimal

The HTC One M8 clearly has had a massive demand from the factory workers. I'm sure there is a hidden thread somewhere demanding for sky go for this HTC M8 device upon release. Please show us where this thread is... My request remains the same; "please" release Sky GO for the HTC One max and "please" don't reply, "we''ve taken this onboard and will pass this request on", it feels as though you're just filing it under "B" for bin. And lastly, "please" Sky fanboys, don't reply with excuses on behalf of Sky, I don't wanna hear, technical, parameters, demand...blah blah blah... Sky workers get paid to tell the "truth" and give the real answer.
Community Manager
Sam-R

Hi all,

I am working on getting an explanation for the delay. Sometimes in these cases a delay can be caused by the third party. In this case it may be HTC.

Let me see what i can find out. 

Sam
Community Manager (Apps & Online)
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Community Manager
Sam-R

Hello again,

there is a specific issue with video playback on this device. Most of the development teams efforts are currently focused on creating the new combined tablet and phone app for Android at the minute 

We will still be working on support for the HTC One Max but I cannot confirm when this will be.

thanks 

Sam

Contributor
nlpisformonkies

I am glad it is not just me who gets frustrated by the sycophantic responses from the Super Users - you are supposed to be here to provide additional support for the customers, not blindly back up the frustrating responses from Sky. Glad we have gotten some progress on this one at last. Sam-R - would it be possible for the forum community helpers to refer all of these questions to yourself for similar responses? I know you must in some way understand that the technical issues are being exacerbated by the generic responses which often do not take into account the history of the thread involved and seem to come from employees with less technical experience than the users asking the questions!
Community Manager
Sam-R

Hi nlpisformonkies,

I would say the superusers are far from sycophants! :smileyhappy: They push us for answers as hard (if not more so) than normal forum users through the superuser programme.

I have been trying to get more information on the HTC One Max specifically for a while now. Thankfully I have been able to give a bit more info this time around.

For some reason the One Max seems to be giving us real trouble with video playback, we are working on it though with the current priority being the release of the combined app. 

Maybe the fix for the One Max is tied into the combined app work? I'm not too sure.

thanks 

Sam

Regular Visitor
Brian+Cooper1

Thanks for the explanation Sam.  I'll admit that I don't understand how the video playback differs from the rest of the HTC One series, I thought it was just a bigger screen!

This combined Android app, will THAT work on the Max?  Asks he hopefully. 

Community Manager
Sam-R

I hope that will be the case Brian+Cooper :smileyhappy:

HTC must have fiddled with something on the Max, otherwise we would have added support for it already. If you think about it apart from genuine issues during testing why else would we hold it back? It's a beast and ideal for Sky Go.

Sam

Regular Visitor
Brian+Cooper1

Well, it's been another few weeks.  Any progress please?

Community Coordinator
Gemma-H

Hi there Brian+Cooper1, 

Thank you very much for your post. 

There is not an update on this at the moment. 

As soon as one becomes available, I will let you know. 

Many Thanks, Gemma. 

Gemma
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips

Visitor
Emma+and+Wayne

Any new news???.
Occasional Visitor
octadecimal

HTC is releasing a new HTC One MAX in approximately 5 months time (be prepared). I have to say, the responses and lack of information has been disappointing. I just want sky go as I was told I could have when I signed up to sky (I even downloaded the app from Google Play Store) before it was removed. I travel a lot and this app was ideal. I know you guys are attempting to help, but, we haven't made any progress from the first comment. Have we?
Regular Visitor
Brian+Cooper1

So, anpther month has passed.  Any news.  Please?