Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Sky Go
Get connected with Sky Go to access a world of entertainment on the move. Whether you need advice on getting the most from Sky Go, compatibility of your device or technical help.
Community Coordinator
lainys

Re: Apologies the item has been interrupted due to an error. [t6000-c1501]

Good Afternoon Janet2012,

Thank you for your post to the Forum, I had the same problem myself with the silverlight c1501 error message. When you de-installed it did you delete the play ready folder?

As it can sometimes be hidden a lot of people miss out this part of the de-install and re-install. Please click on this link and have a read at what Robert one of our advisors has posted.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
daveyboyd

Stop referring people to this pointless trouble shooting page. I havent had any luck with any of the suggestions made on this page. I have tried all fixes multiple times on both my laptop and my desktop pc. The same thing happens, you must know why this is happening! Dont even think about trying to direct me to that stupid page that 'Robert' posted just fix my bleeding skygo or I am cancelling my account!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi daveyboyd 

Sorry to see that Roberts post did not resolve your issue for you. 

Can you tell me what version of Silverlight you currently have and is this the same as the issue posted here.

I look forward to your reply. 

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
daveyboyd

I have installed the latest version of silverlight and also an old version of silverlight suggested as one of the fixes but both do not work. Can you explain why I am paying for a service that does not work? The premier league saeson starts next week and I would like access wherever i go (which is in the product description), can you give me reassurances that this will happen?

David

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi daveyboyd,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If your issue is currently the same issue as the one my colleague linked you to in the last post, then this is still being investigated at the moment.

Regards.
Occasional Visitor
DivDee

It's a free service, shut up and stop moaning.

Regular Visitor
daveyboyd

[ Edited ]

You still pay for sky you moron so tell me how you think it's free?

Loving the fact you joined the forums just to make a (Removed)  comment though, well done you

Occasional Visitor
joeymacca

Have exact same problem as daveyboyd. I have tried on my work computer and 2 of my laptops and get the same problem when trying to play sky anytime! What an idiot to suggest that because its a 'free' service we should have to put up with it not working. Like davey said its not a 'free' service, this was one of the main reasons i moved over to sky and it is not working for me!

Occasional Visitor
PPlinkton

Same problem here. This is NOT a free service, which should be obvious... to most.

I have noticed a trend on these forums of Sky not helping or indeed properly reading people's issues. I used to love this service, but I can't watch anything on here anymore due to the error message mentioned. They have a problem on their hands and I think shall lose a few customers, or many, over this.

Visitor
ChefbyteUK

[ Edited ]

After spending all morning looking at the forums here and reinstalling everything expect the photos of my Nan I give up. Sky sort this mess out please or I am walking to Virgin.

Mind you this link made me laugh, as I am on Windows7 with a brand new top rated new quad core Pc?

Contributor
andy+williams+134

For some reason there is a conflict with the later versions of Silverlight, Sky Go and Google Chrome,  usually if you are using Vista or XP,  usually on a laptop.   (Occasionally it might be a PC and/or occasionally it might be W7 - but rarely).

The solution to this sounds strange but it works.    On your machine,  go to Control Panel.  Select Fonts.    You will see two types of font - 'Open Type'  and 'True Type Collection'.    What you need to do is delete every 'Open Type' font that has an '&' symbol in the name.

If you don't know how to delete them it's dead simple - one at a time  right click and then select delete.      

Don't worry about the True Type ones, they don't cause the problem.

Regular Visitor
daveyboyd

If that works I will show my ass in Woolies window, now wait, Woolies doesnt exist anymore its going to have to be Marks and Spencer :smileyhappy:

Visitor
Lawrence+Chapman

Come on Sky, Sort this bloody mess out with Microsoft. I am sure :smileymad: James murdoch wouldn't have put up with this mess we he was around!:smileymad:

Or why not just come clean and admit you have an issue?

Occasional Visitor
PPlinkton

SKY - WHAT IS GOING ON???

Super User
caesarome

PPlinkton wrote:

SKY - WHAT IS GOING ON???

Have you seen this a few posts back up the page:

The solution to this sounds strange but it works.    On your machine,  go to Control Panel.  Select Fonts.    You will see two types of font - 'Open Type'  and 'True Type Collection'.    What you need to do is delete every 'Open Type' font that has an '&' symbol in the name.

If you don't know how to delete them it's dead simple - one at a time  right click and then select delete.      

Don't worry about the True Type ones, they don't cause the problem.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.