Help
Help

Sky Go on XBOX 360
pf86

sky go app on xbox 360. movies dont work

I have full sky package and recently got the sky app for the xbox 360. All channels are working except movies, I also can't watch on demand or box sets. The error that comes up for the problem is "sky service temporarily unavailable. Sorry, sky service isnt available right now. Please try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status" I have done this but it shows no problem. i have been trying for 5 days now. Everything works on my phone app just not on xbox. Please help
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Megan.B

Re: sky go app on xbox 360. movies dont work

Hi pf86,

Thanks for taking the time to post and I'm sorry that you are having problems with your Sky Go on your Xbox. 

Can you let me know if you have tried uninstalling the app, clearing your Xbox cache and then reinstalling the app to see if that helps? 

Thanks,

Megan
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
pf86

Hi,
Ya I tried all the troubleshooting and nothing worked. I even formatted the xbox hard drive.

Its very odd because even on normal channels, eg.channel 4, the stream works but if a movie starts the feed stops and the error message appears again until the movie finishes.

Thanks for getting back to me
Community Coordinator
Sarah-R

Hello pf86.

Thank you for posting about this problem and welcome to the Community,

Can you tell me who your internet provider is and if you are using a wired or wireless internet connection with your Xbox.

Thanking you in advance,

Regards,

Sarah-R
Community Coordinator

pf86

Hi,

My isp is eircom. 70 mb broadband on a wired connection.

Thanks
Community Coordinator
Sarah-R

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly pf86,

I am going to pass your case up to the team who are dealing with xbox issues, can you watch out for a private message with a live chat link from them please?

Regards

Sarah-R
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Morning pf86.

My colleague has contacted you last night via private message with further information so we can assist further with this Sky Go app issue you are experiencing.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator

Contributor
KEVIN360

pf86,

I'm having exactly the same issue re: Movies and on-demand programming not playing on the XBOX app. 

Tried posting on this communities board previously but to no avail.

My ISP is also Eircom.  Did you have any luck resolving your issue?  If so what steps did you have to take?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Contributor
KEVIN360

Anne-M,

I'm having exactly the same issue re: Movies 'watch now' and ALL on-demand programming not playing on the XBOX app. 

Tried posting on this communities board previously but to no avail.

My ISP fox the Xbox is also Eircom.  Did you have any luck resolving pf86s issue?  If so what steps were taken?

I have tried the usual, delete and reload, clear the cache, nothing happening.

Is there something I need to reset in my router?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Community Coordinator
LiamC88

Hey KEVIN360,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to see you are having the same problem with Sky Go on your Xbox 360.I would like to help find out why this is happening so I would need to ask a few more questions. How long has this been happening for? Are you able to watch Catch up and Live TV on Sky Go with no issues?

Please get back to me when you can.

Regards

Liam
Community Coordinator

Contributor
KEVIN360

Liam,

Issue has been ongoing for approx 2mths, I think since I updated the Sky app on the Xbox 360.

I can watch sports, kids, entertainment live

I cannot watch movies (Sky movies and all variants, film 4, or movies on Ch4) live

I cannot watch any on demand programming (incl sports, kids, entertainment.

The error message is always 'service temporarily unavailable', on retry option I get the same message, on exit option it returns me to the last watched live programme.

Have deleted and reloaded the app.

Have cleared the cache

Have deregistered and re-registered the Xbox.

Have checked the multiplexing on my (Eircom) router.

All to no avail

Please help

Contributor
KEVIN360

I have exact same problem as Liam & tried everything too.. But mine has been like that for 6 months please Advise?
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi KEVIN360, 

Thanks for coming back to Liam. 

As you're getting the service temporarily unavailable error the next step will be to get one of my colleagues to look into this further, as soon as they can they'll be in touch via Private Message with more information.

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Contributor
KEVIN360

Laura,

When passing this on to your 'colleagues' please inform them that I have tried the following steps as suggested by other 'colleagues'

1. Deleted and reinstalled Sky app on Xbox 360
  2. Cleared cache on Xbox 360
  3. Checked I am using correct multiplexing on router
  4. Deregistered and re-registered my Xbox on Sky Go (cannot do again this month)
  5. Tried to accept T&Cs when logging in to go.sky.com on PC using same Sky ID - option not prompted and unavailable on T&Cs link at bottom of Sky Go webpage

I had no problem accessing Movies (Sky and others) live and any on-demand content prior to the Sky Xbox app being updated prior to Xmas.

From other posts on these boards this seems to be a farily common occurance however the supports desks list of suggested fixes seems to be non-exhaustive.  Surely someone somewhere has resolved this issue or is it just that the other complainants simply gave up??

Please help

Kevin

Contributor
KEVIN360

Laura,

Any further word from the 'experts'?