Help

Sky Go on XBOX 360
Visitor
1point21gigawatts
Accepted Solution

Token Value Already In Use

[ Edited ]

Hi,

This problem was raised in this forums in October of last year so I thought I'd create a new one for the sake of a fresh perspective.

I had a flatmate with a Sky subscription. As his included the Sports Channels, I let him put in his Sky ID details into my Xbox Live profile to watch Sky Player. He is now gone and has subsequently removed his Sky ID from my Xbox. So I tried using my own Sky ID as I am also a Sky customer and get the error: Token Value already in use.

I have followed all the steps here to no avail: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-on-XBOX-360/Sky-Go-Xbox-Token-Error/m-p/1288584#U1288584

I have also logged into the Sky website and agreed to the terms and conditions as advised but that has had no effect either.

Now from what I gather, if you register a Sky ID with an Xbox Live account, this means that whatever happens, you can never watch Sky on this account with another ID. Surely this cannot be the case?? I don't think i should pay £40 per annum for the privelige of watching a service I already pay for based purely on the shortsightedness of the App's developers? I can use my Sky ID on both my laptops, but they are old computers and the stream is sluggish and pretty much unwatchable. What difference does it make that I watch it on my Xbox?

I would just like to add that yes, I do have an Xbox Live Gold Membership and I saw a fix that said to use the old lSky ID details to log in and then log yourself out before using your new ID, however he is understandably unwilling to give me his log-in information so I am unable to do this.

If you could tell me a way of making my Xbox 'forget' my flatmates Sky ID so I can use my own I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Gailsky

Re: Token Value Already In Use

Hi 1point21gigawatts,

Thanks for your post. If you still are unable to sign in with your ID please can you delete the Xbox user profile but not the gamer history or you will lose all your achievements to date, then clear Xbox cache and history again. Please then re-add user profile and you should be able to log in on the Sky go with your own user id.  Please note be sure not to remove the gamer history when doing these steps.

All the best,

Gail
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Msnook30

Hey,

just like everything else i've tried this and it also didn't work.

please can someone from Sky just give me a solution that works as this is getting ridiculous now!!

i casnot log in using previous Sky ID to log out properly because the now owner of the existing Sky ID is using his ID on multiple devices and has maxed out his device allowance.

Please help me. The frustration is killing me.

Michael

Community Coordinator
help-charlotte

Hi 1point, thanks for getting in contact with us, here is a link with some great information on the problem.http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-on-XBOX-360/Sky-Go-Xbox-Token-Error/m-p/1288584#U1288584. Hope this can help you out and if you need more help just get back in contact with us. Charlotte.

Charlotte
Community Coordinator

Msnook30

Hi Charlotte,

The solution within the link you have posted above didn't work for anyone else within that forum so not sure why you believe it may work for us.

Please can you post a known workable solution.

The problem has persisted for almost two months now and i've been very patient. SKY have not once made contact with me to provide an update re progress which is terrible.

Please can you work with me to ge tthis resolved. Regular communication would be a good start.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Michael

Community Coordinator
Sarah-R

Hi Msnook30, I am sorry that none of the steps to disassociate your xbox from your friend's Sky ID have worked. At this point, if you are still in touch with your friend you could ask them to sign into their My Sky page and remove your xbox from their devices. This is the quickest and easiest way to resolve the problem.

Regards.

Sarah-R
Community Coordinator

Msnook30

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your advice. I didn't actually try what you've suggested but it does sound like a workable solution.

I have now overcome this 'token error' and all is working again. I did this using the following steps;

1. Requested Sky ID and Password from my friend who has taken over the old Sky account i  previosuly use.

2. I couldn't actually log on to this account as he is using his Sky ID on two devices already, meaning total device allowance has be utilised.

3. I upgraded his account to SKy Go Extra as this was FOC because he had Sky Multiroom. This allows Sky to be watched on fours devices using one Sky ID.

4. On my Xbox I then signed in using his Sky ID and signed out properly.

5. I then signed in using my new Sky ID and i was in........AT LAST!

Hope this works for others

Occasional Visitor
annon01

Hi all, I am habe the same problem but due to bad terms im not willing to pay for other person to get sky go extra, is there any other way around this?

Cheers in advance.
Msnook30

Unfortunately no other way i know off; and I literally tried everything that was posted within this Community. Sky Go Extra is free if you have Sky Multiroom?

Visitor
1point21gigawatts

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can I just say that the support from Sky is some of the worst I have ever experienced. After following your steps of deleting my profile, I have been without an Xbox since the 7th. I have only just got it back again after multiple liasons with Microsoft, who told me you should never have advised me to delete my profile in the first place. 
I get my profile working again, go into my Sky App and guess what?? TOKEN VALUE ALREADY IN USE.

Can you not see from the multitude of unsatified customers all saying the exact same problem on here that the fault is yours and your technical team should be working on a fix rather than your customers trying to troubleshoot it themselves? I'm paying fo a service I can't use, after your advice I lose a week of internet and Microsoft tells me you should not be handing such extreme suggestions. On one of the threads one of your advisors actually says for us to 'Stop being grumpy pants.' Laughable.

I'm not going to make empty threats saying I'm going to cancel my subscription. I will however never reccomend Sky to anyone, especially when viewing it through a mobile or gaming device. You can private message me to solve my problem to make up for your terrible advice making me lose a week's worth of Internet. To everyone else experiencing the same problem as me, you have my sympathies. 

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi all,

I am sorry for the delay in getting to you all. We are aware of the Token Value Error when trying to log into your Sky Go on your Xbox. To help us try and resolve this, You'll all receive a Private Message as soon as we can, with more information. 

In the meantime if you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks.

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi All,

I am taking over from Laura and would like to help get the problems you are having with the Token Value issue sorted on your Xbox when you are trying to log in.

I have private messaged you on the Sky Forum so can you please respond to this to allow us to look into this further. If you are having any problems accessing the private message please let me know.

Thanks

Tricia07
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Lozv

i'm having the same problem. My daughter wants to use my sky go on her xbox at her uni accomidation, its the oonly way she can watch tv as she isnt supplied with an arial but she can't log in. it says 'token value already in use' what is that supposed to mean? I have logged into my sky go account online and it says her xbox is a device and shows the date she last logged in even though she cannot log in at all!? she has clearred her cashe etc as advised on this thed but still nothing. this is rediculous, not even being provided with something i'm paying for.

Super User
caesarome

Has she or yourself used a different account on the xbox, if so what she needs to do is log back into this account and then sign out of it. And then try logging in with the Sky ID you want to use.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Simon-T

Hi there Lozv!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum!

Caesarome has provided some good advise. This usually happens when you remove an Xbox 360 on go.sky.com/devices without first logging out via the Xbox 360 Sky Go app first.  This is due to using a Microsoft standard ‘Token’ as a way of ‘authenticating’ customers and involves a link being made between your Sky iD and Xbox Live iD during first sign in

If you are able to log back in with the Sky iD you used previously, and then sign out, this will remove the ‘token association’ and leave you free to log in with the new Sky iD that you want to use.  Please note this may mean using up a device change on the previous sky account.

Regards

Simon
Community Coordinator