Help
Help

Sky Go on Apple iOS
Occasional Visitor
Nobble

iPad stuck in offline mode with SkyGo

I installed that latest update. Stuck in off line mode. Deleted the App. Turned iPad off, then on again. Reinstalled the app but still getting the same message : "On Now is not available in offline mode". Exact same for On Demand and Settings. Any ideas? WiFi and Internet access is working fine. I'm currently in the USA. Very frustrating.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Re: iPad stuck in offline mode with SkyGo

Welcome Nobble to the Sky Forum,

I am afraid you are only able to use Sky Go in the UK and Republic of Ireland due to Broadcasting and Licensing rights, sorry if you were never made aware of this.

Hope you are enjoying yourself in the USA.:smileywink:

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Neil.M

I have the exact same issue today. sat online with Sky Help and they said they would call me back. Uninstaaled the App switched off the iPAD 3, back on and Still same issue. I can watch the sky News on The sky news App but Sky go is not working nor is SKY Go Extra. Worked fine last night and today I am out of business. Not happy.:catsad:

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

[ Edited ]

Welcome Neil.M,

Have you checked the you are able to receive a 3G or WiFi connection, what is the exact error code?

Also have you tried to access Sky Go on any other device and have you activated Sky Go Extra?

Please try a forced close on the Sky Go app on your iPhone:

Double click the home button twice to bring a list of the activate applications and press and hold the Sky Go app until they start to wiggle, then press the red circle with the line going through it, then press the home button twice again and then access Sky Go again and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Tricia07
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Nunnas22

Same problem. Was working 5 mins ago. Now it's 'Offline' done the quits done the restart and I'm in the UK. Not pressed. Missing the cricket.
Occasional Visitor
Ade+Bartle

Exactly the same here and I'm missing super 15 rugby!

Whats going on Sky?

Staff (Retired)
Fraser-H

Hi Nunnas22, Ade+Bartle,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Sky Help Forum and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to read of the issues you have described. Have you tried un-installing the app, rebooting your device and then downloading the app once again?

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Moritz2013

SAME HERE, MISSING RUGBY. Tried usual fixes and nothing
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Moritz2013,

Thanks for your post and for taking the time to join the community.

Can you tell me what generation of iPad you are using as well as version of iOS?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Moritz2013

iOS 6 iPad 2 please help
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hi Moritz2013,

Thanks for coming back to us with this information.

Can I get you to try a full shut down of the app by double tapping the Home button and then holding down on the app until it shakes and give you the option on the top left hand side of the icon to shut the app completely. Press this and then reboot your device and then try to access the app again as it should work after that.

Please come back to us and let us know if this helps and if it doesn't we can look in to this further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator

Visitor
lmess

As of today same issue of offline mode on iPad 3. Have tried all suggestions with no result. Anything else I can try?
Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

Hi Imess,

Can you please confirm that you have tried the exact steps that are in the above post? Also are you connected with WiFi or 3G? Have you ever had any updates at all? 

Thanks,

Pete
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
hearnscott

I also have this problem and I live in Wales. Are Sky ever going to address the problem? We pay enough for the service.

Staff (Retired)
Fraser-H

Hi hearnscott,

I am happy to see another new name on the forum.

We would have hoped you had decided to join under slightly better circumstances however. Can you let us know if you have tried the steps advised by Andy-F21 a few posts previous to your own as they have been known to fix the problem of having your iPad stuck in offline mode while trying to view Sky Go from time time.

If you can reply to my post and let us know, we can get this looked into further for you if unsuccessful.

Thanks