Help
Help

Sky Go on Android
RosieMay3535

Sky Go buffering

Hi

For the past couple of days I've been unable to use sky go - i log in, get the license message, the connecting message, then 'buffering 0%' which just sticks. i've tried all the usual things such as restarting my laptop, turning my internet off at the wall (the speed is fine and other streams seem ok), reinstalling Silverlight, Flashplayer and other media playback things, trying different browsers (I usually use firefox which has worked fine with sky go in the past). i've also tried disabling different add-ons which has no effect either.

Please help, I'm not too happy with the service at the moment!

Thanks

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
rasputin303

Re: Sky Go buffering

I've got exactly the same problem.

My PC is running Windows 7, and I've tried using Sky Go with both Chrome and IE 10, and it doesn't work with either of them - at best I get a couple of seconds of video and then it just rebuffers continually. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Silverlight, and that didn't work either. I've done a speed test on my internet connection and it's as fast as usual (about 9Mbps).

Everything worked fine up until a couple of days ago.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
RosieMay3535

irasputin - 'm also windows 7! it really is the same problem exactly, even down to time of the problem starting. everything was working fine til a couple of days ago for me too - i was watching sky sports on monday night no problem and after about an hour it started playing up. i've tried it frequently since and it's just the same as you've described

Occasional Visitor
Antman3000

Having exactly the same problem. Deleted silverlight and reinstalled, no difference. Missing quite a lot of the Tour at the moment.

RosieMay3535

encouraging that we're not the only ones! come on sky, sort it out please! :smileyhappy:

Staff (Retired)
Emma-O

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome guys,

I do apologise for the late reply, are you still having these issues with Sky Go?

Let me know, we can look into this further.

Thanks

RosieMay3535

Hi Emma, thanks for the reply. No the service is still not working, very disappointing. I appreciate you looking into this further. Thanks

Staff (Retired)
Emma-O

Thanks for getting back to me RosieMay3535,

Can you confirm if you have followed all steps within our help article?

Let me know, we can look into this further.

Thanks.

RosieMay3535

I'm afraid I have tried all those things!
Occasional Visitor
garyep

hi,

i have been having exactly the same issue and have also tried all the troubleshooting suggestions.

there is a number of threads on the forum from the last couple of days all with the same problem - is sky aware of these widespread current issues and is it getting anywhere re sorting it out?

Staff (Retired)
GRF4784

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Thanks for posting your question.

Would you be able to tell us how you are connecting to Sky Go? Is it via a Wired or Wireless connection?

Let us know when you can.

Cheers,

RosieMay3535

Wireless windows laptop
Staff (Retired)
GRF4784

Hi RosieMay3535,

Thanks for the reply.

Does it help if you connect the laptop to your router via an Ethernet cable?

Cheers,

Visitor
ga100

I have exactly the same problem. I also have tried all the troubleshooting options - including switching to Ethernet cable from wifi.

This is extremely frustrating as Sky Go is one of the reasons I retain my sky subscription..

Please help

Many thanks
Gary
RosieMay3535

hi again

no that doesn't help for me either

thanks

Rosie