Help
Help

Sky Go on Android
Occasional Visitor
Iangood

Can I get Sky Go On A Kindle Fire

I have A Kindle Fire  Can I get the Sky Go app for this

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Can I get Sky Go On A Kindle Fire

[ Edited ]

There is no Sky Go app for any kindle device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

[ Edited ]

Good evening Iangood,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch and it's great to read that you are thinking about taking advantage of the Sky Go service.

At present we have no plans to launch this application on any Kindle devices I'm afraid. You would be able to get this application on many other devices other than the iPad if you were prefer. A list of all the other supported devices can be found by going to this page.

I hope this helps clear this up for you. If you have any other questions or queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks 

Community Manager
Erinn-R

Hi there,

With reference to the query that has been raised around support for the Kindle Fire HD we would like to clarify our position with reference to support for Sky Go on Kindle devices.  We have no plans to support Kindle devices wth Sky apps at this point, this is due to both technical and commercial reasons

Thankyou 

Erinn
Community Manager
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Julian+Powell

You should know then that yesterday I was told by sky customer service that you can get sky go on a kindle fire - and she said her husband was using it on his! Either lying or needs retraining or there is a way but we don't know it?
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Good evening Julian+Powell,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as Erinn mentioned we won't be supporting the Kindle Fire and the information that the agent gave you was wrong, I am sorry about this.

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips

Occasional Visitor
skygoforKINDLE

Come on Sky !

Sky Go for Kindle Fire HD.

There are plenty of us.

Visitor
pierwalker1

"At present we have no plans to launch this application on any Kindle devices I'm afraid."

Why?

Super User
KingfisherUK

@pierwalker1 

As per Erinn-R's post above, it is due to both technical and commercial reasons. Sky have also stated elsewhere that they are unable to give more detail than that as there are third parties involved

I am not a Sky employee, any opinions in my posts are entirely my own.

Dear Sky customer relations, Kindle fire hd allows BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, regional ITV Players (e.g. STV Player) they even have a Netflix app (commercial rivals for Amazon's Lovefilm)...

Instead of merely repeating yourself, why not actively look into developing a suitable App.

I'd rather view my sky go content on my tablet of choice. Please report up the management line that the Kindle fire community would welcome this move.

Community Manager
Sam-R

Hi ds101,

I can assure you that our product development team are fully aware that the Kindle community would welcome Sky Go Support.

The only things we can tell you just now are that:

• Kindle is currently unsupported
  • This is not likely to change in the near future.
  • The reasons for this are both commerical (so your points on commerical rivals) as well as techincal (Fire OS being forked Android, forked based on different versions of Android dependent on the model you have e.g. 2.x.x or 4.x.x) Our development going forward looks to be based on v4+

I'd love to see a Sky Go on Kindle... it's undoubtedly a gap in the offering but the current stance we have is that it will not happen in the near future.

Sam
Community Manager (Apps & Online)
Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage

Contributor
srlj

ds101,
I would tend this time that IMHO the commercial reasons being not at Sky's end but at Amazons, who after all have to give their OK for their Kindles to work on any app. I have no info that the above is true and they are my way of thinking.
Occasional Visitor
carpbrian

So the reality is that we have enormous companies (SKY and Aamzon), making hundreds of million pounds from UK customers who do not give a toss about them except making vast profits.

Both need to get off their backsides and talk to each other and spend a tiny amount of the money that they should be giving to the UK tax man and resolve this issue asap

Brian M

Macaz

Brian - you're absolutely right...are you listening Sky and Amazon??
Community Coordinator
Dylan-P

Hi  carpbrian and Macaz,

As we said before, our team does know there is a wanting for Sky Go on Kindle devices, but we are not aware of any changes to our status on this. 

I understand you may be frustrated but as of now there are not any plans to support Kindle.

Thanks, 

Dylan
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips