Discussion topic: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Bigal1 This message was authored by: Bigal1

Re: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

I get same problem with Galaxy Tab E.

No solution whatsoever.

Just keeps on freezing after every few minutes.

This message was authored by paul1360 This message was authored by: paul1360

@Bigal1

Can you try this please

Settings>>>App's>>>>Sky Go>>>Clear cache and data>>>then Force Close the App>>> Reboot your device

@paul1360

After a ton of repeats of clearing cached data , files and force stopping and several reinstallations, the problem still persist.

@Bigal1

What version of Sky Go are you running and what OS is your Tab running please?

@paul1360

Sky Go Version: PR11.1.10-400

Android Kernel Version 4.4.4

@Bigal1

What model is your Tab E?

@paul1360

SM-T560

@Bigal1

Sorry for all the questions but I was trying to figure out why certain Tab E's were running Stock L 5.0 and others like yours running KK 4.4.4 but sadly it was a waste of time as the Tab E's running L5 were locked to carriers.

You are running the correct version of Sky Go and your Tab E is running the correct OS and as long as your Tab is stock there is no reason as to why you can't use Sky Go.

Not sure what Sky Package you have but are you able to use the Sky Sports and/or Cinema apps????

This message was authored by Mado This message was authored by: Mado

I am getting different messages most referring to a lack of connection to my Sky Q box, but it seems to be ok. Following advice from Sky tech support I have uninstalled and reinstalled and turned my android device on and off. However error code 14 still showing, together with "ee have identified an unexpected error. Earlier i had sound but no picture. Everything was fine last night but today 🚫 any ideas? Very confused.

This message was authored by Barry+B This message was authored by: Barry+B

Just started happening to me and my Galaxy Tab A. Was ok until recent Sky Go upgrade.

Don't know what Sky are up to but being forced to use the app after removal of website access means the Sky Go app on my laptop is poor giving juddering sound and video. The saving grace was being able to watch on my tablet, and now Sky have taken that away from me. All this talk of forcing stop and clearing cache etc is the usual Sky red herrings. I want to be able to use the Sky Go I am paying for. Why on earth did they cut off use via the website when the app had not been fully tested and bug fixed beats me.

Bazzab
This message was authored by StephenCT This message was authored by: StephenCT

Exactly the same thing is happening to me on my Samsung Galaxy Tab E. Whilst watching sports on the Sky Go app, every few minutes the app crashes and displays error code 14. It’s sooooo annoying!!! GRRR!!

This message was authored by RiZ10001 This message was authored by: RiZ10001

I have the same problem on my Lenovo Yoga Tab 10 (B8000-F) running Android 4.2 with Sky Go updated to current version. It's been happening for some time now but has actually got worse recently making Sky Go virtually unusable. I would really like to see a solution to this problem. All help appreciated.

This message was authored by RiZ10001 This message was authored by: RiZ10001

Sorry. Should have said that I've cleared cache/data and uninstalled/reinstalled more than once but the problem remains.

This message was authored by Barry+B This message was authored by: Barry+B

I must emphasise that all the messing with settings etc is useless. The problem is with the Sky Go app. The reason it has got worse is that Sky forced another app update which, instead of improving the experience did the opposite. This resulted in a further degrading the quality of the viewing experience. I cannot see why it should take Sky so long to fix this. People are paying to have to watch abysmal broadcasting. Come on Sky. You are losing customers or is that the idea?

Bazzab

Anybody else getting this issue again after the last update to Version PR17.3.0.1100???

I'm getting it across devices and different Android OS ranging from L 5.x.x to Oreo 8.1.0.

The odd thing is that the Sky Sports app is playing without this issue.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion