SkyGo desktop app download?

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Researcher
Post 1 of 18

SkyGo desktop app download?

So I went to my dads to sort out SkyGo on his PC...he said he had to download an app. I wasn't aware there was one for Win10!! He said he had a white screen and nothing happened...I went and took a look and sure as Sky, there was an app!! I started it and it updated and began working fine!! He had HD channels too!! Ace I thought, I'll go do the same on mine....started IE, went to SkyGo webpage and logged in....but where my dads said "laptop, download the app", mine said "watch now", no app visible...I figured it would be on the Microsoft Store, or for download somewhere...but damned if I can find it!!! Any help is welcome!!

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 18

Re: SkyGo desktop app download?

Hi @rae477

It hasn't been released to all customers yet but if you want to download and install it you can do so from here

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 18

Hi @rae477

It hasn't been released to all customers yet but if you want to download and install it you can do so from here

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Post 3 of 18

It’s not a UWP app so will not be on the Microsoft Store

Annie Oracle since 2012 Customer since 1989 Beta Tester (Sky,Apple,Microsoft) I do not work for sky! FAQ for Sky+ Community Blog
Researcher
Post 4 of 18

Thanks very much! How do they chose which customers get it?? Very bizarre......or even an obvious download link on the website! 

Oracle
Post 5 of 18

@rae477 wrote:

Thanks very much! How do they chose which customers get it?? 

No idea but this is how Skly works with all new software that is being rolled out from Sky Go to the software in our Sky+ and Sky Q boxes, they start is slow and monitor the feedback rather than rolling it out to everyone in one go.

I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 6 of 18

Smart move I guess...thanks for the info!

Researcher
Post 7 of 18

It made me download it in IE on windows 8 as the home page changed to “download app” with no way out. but it doesn’t work (my device specs not up to its new player’s min.) so how can i go back to streaming direct online, which worked fine?

Researcher
Post 8 of 18

Hi Annie,

On my Win 8 Acer Aspire, Sky Go was streaming online good, till yesterday the home page changed and made me download the new app to continue. During install, it said device specs beliw min for new video player and sure enough, playback is jerky and unwatchable. How can I go back to streaming online direct from the Sky Go webpage, which worked fine till yesterday when the new app appeared?

Thank you,

Pat Hub

Executive Producer
Post 9 of 18

Clear the cookies for IE11 and you'll be able to use the old web player again.

It may close down in the future though Smiley Sad

Runner
Post 10 of 18

wow after lots of searches for the answe r How to download the new sky player this link worked first time.

Many thanks.  Why can sky not just provide the link and avoid all the frustration

Researcher
Post 11 of 18

Brilliant, frustration at silverlight spiral of doom over,

Camera Assistant
Post 12 of 18

I have some content downloaded via Sky Go with IE If I install the Sky Go program, will I still be able to watch these programs? Will I use the IE Sky Go player or will the content be migrated to the desktop program? I don't want to install the program (yet) if it will mess with the content I have downloaded.

Oracle
Post 13 of 18

Hi @JonW42

The downloaded content will not be transferred over so you will either have to watch it first if you can or download it again once you have installed the app if it is available.

I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 14 of 18

hi this link to download worked last time but since my computer crashed and had to be reset the link stops when loading video guard any suggestions

Runner
Post 15 of 18

yes this link exe does not work for me either; stops when installing videoguard - really poor that I had to search for the download link and then even worse it doesn't work. So much for customer friendly

Recommended Threads
03-03-2018 09:19 PM
Friday 09:26 PM
2 weeks ago 01:05 AM
Lynn777 09-05-2018 11:06 PM
Kevin0069 10-02-2018 04:13 PM