Reply

Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Reply
Researcher
Posts: 4
Post 31 of 41
971 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

So I decided to do a clean install of windows April 2018 update and now sky go now works. Maybe that's the way to go as Sky doesn't care as there taking way too long

Researcher
Posts: 8
Post 32 of 41
962 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Sonwhen you say Sky Go now works, does that mean you can download content to view when offline?  

Researcher
Posts: 4
Post 33 of 41
910 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Yes I can download and view offline now

Researcher
Posts: 8
Post 34 of 41
757 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

So after 2 months I still have the same issue - unable to Download and watch conntent offline - still get ther error "PSE 9004"

 

Tried uninstalling the App & Cisco + deleted all directories in user profile.

Rebooted

Unimstalled all MS updates, rebooted, the  let all updates re-install including April update.

Reinstalled the App, withe Administrator rights, including Cisco Videoguard...

Exactly the same issue.

Rang Sky in frustration....they were no help at all...all they can say is that its being looked at.

Tried complaining, demanding refund of subscription...they were having none of it...apparantly they say Sky Go is "free"...

So now I've written to Watchdog to see if they are intwrested in helping.

Runner
Posts: 2
Post 35 of 41
665 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Thanks for the suggestion - just been through that process and re-installed but still get the error.

 

Sound Designer
Posts: 62
Post 36 of 41
658 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004


@The+Boardmans wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion - just been through that process and re-installed but still get the error.

 


That has to be just incredibly frustrating.  I had the same issues at first but deleting all traces of the prevous installtion (including all the local/appdata folders for Sky and Cisco ...and even emptying the recycle bin afterwards) seemed to fix it.

 

Whatever the precise reason..who on earth writes this junk that canot cater for a typical user installation...and doesn't Beta test it first?

Researcher
Posts: 6
Post 37 of 41
389 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

OK - 4 months on and this still hasn't been fixed!!!

There must be thousands of Sky customers who have this issue...how can Sky be "working on it" for so long!

I have tried everything mentioned in this thread and I still cannot view any downloaded content...always the same error message "PFE 9004"

The old Sky GO app worked fine...Sky technical are beyond useless

Researcher
Posts: 6
Post 38 of 41
313 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Spoke to Sky tec on the phone again. They confirmed it is still a widely reported issue and they are still"working on a solution" and there is no timescale. 

 

They further told me that in 9 out of 10 cases the problem is solved by uninstalling, including deleting all CISCO folders, reinstalling under administrator privalages. I HAVE NOW DONE THIS 6 TIMES AND STILL PFE 9004 ERROR!

 

I give up!

Sound Designer
Posts: 62
Post 39 of 41
287 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004


@Bobinson wrote:

Spoke to Sky tec on the phone again. They confirmed it is still a widely reported issue and they are still"working on a solution" and there is no timescale. 

 

They further told me that in 9 out of 10 cases the problem is solved by uninstalling, including deleting all CISCO folders, reinstalling under administrator privalages. I HAVE NOW DONE THIS 6 TIMES AND STILL PFE 9004 ERROR!

 

I give up!


Hi,

And you've uninstalled Sky Go and deleted the folders and contents at:

c:\Users\{your_username}\Appdata\Local\Cisco
c:\Users\{your_username}\Appdata\LocalLow\Cisco

and then emptied the recycle bin.

Closed down, restarted and installed Sky Go again?

 

Did it for me but themn it could just be their rubbish app.

 

 

Researcher
Posts: 6
Post 40 of 41
268 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Hi - Thanks for your reply. Yes I deleted all files from those directories, I did a search on my entire C drive for anything with 'CISCO' or 'Sky' included, that was after uninstalling. I also rebooted imbetween stages, ensured win 10 64 bit fully up to date, emptied recycle bin and then after installing under administrative privalages and running Sky Go as administrator I was so happy to see the PFE 9004 error return!

 

Also I have a top of the range £3k dell XPS so hardware is certainly not an issue.

Sound Designer
Posts: 62
Post 41 of 41
249 Views

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004


@Bobinson wrote:

Hi - Thanks for your reply. Yes I deleted all files from those directories, I did a search on my entire C drive for anything with 'CISCO' or 'Sky' included, that was after uninstalling. I also rebooted imbetween stages, ensured win 10 64 bit fully up to date, emptied recycle bin and then after installing under administrative privalages and running Sky Go as administrator I was so happy to see the PFE 9004 error return!

 

Also I have a top of the range £3k dell XPS so hardware is certainly not an issue.


Incredibly annoying but I guess it's just poorly written software  and/or a clash with something fairly common judging by the number of people having problems. If you do have a VPN up I'd disable that as well to test because I believe Videoguard does use cloud based rights checking so it could well check online before playing a video and the address the VPN pops out at might be confusing things.

Reply
Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM