Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Researcher
Post 1 of 41

Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Went to use Sky Go yesterday as off on holiday and wanted some films on laptop (Windows 10) to watch whilst away.

Was forced to download the new Sky Go app....downloaded fine, looked all ok - able to stream all fine.

Downloaded a bunch of films - no problem.

Tried to watch a downloaded film - comes up with an error box - PFE 9004.

Spent nearly on hour on the phone to Sky....reboot, restart, uninstall \ reinstall (lost all my downloads - Thanks!) - still get the same error.  Support unable to help, has been referred to their technical team...managed to miss the return phone call and now away so have limited resources.

Anyone seen this error before ?

Anyone seen this error 

All Replies
Researcher
Post 2 of 41

Re: Sky Go Error - PFE 9004

Getting the same problem, technical support asked to change network to private as was set to public, didn't help me, maybe you could try that. Also disabled firewall but still no luck. 

Final option was to send them Direct X Diagnostic log, now I'm just waiting on reply that was yesterday 31/3/18

Hope this help

Researcher
Post 3 of 41

Thanks for reply - I still havnt progressed as away from home so dont have reliable phone \ wifi to get this looked at.

Don't see how Network Location would matter.....since the error is watching Downloads the idea would be you had no network available ...  ie "Offline".

Did you get anywhere with uploading log files ?

Researcher
Post 4 of 41

Nothing back, from technical support yet about log files

It's annoying as old player work fine

New Viewer
Post 5 of 41

Just had this error, I was connected via a VPN, turned that off and it worked straight away

Sound Designer
Post 6 of 41

I have the same problem..well two really..firstly the new app says Cisco VideoGuard or whatever it is doesn't think my machine is up to spec then I just get the same error you get, no internet connection when there quite obviously is because everything else works fine and a quick speed test shows 20 mbit download speeds.

I used to watch everything via Internet explorer absolutely fine..on the same box atless than 10 Mbit download rate..Nice job Cisco..writing something so bloated and slow it can't keep up with the performance of a very old web browser and Silverlight.

As for Sky..we pay for this stuff..handsomely..so please get your finger out and fix it...or better yet let's go back to IE11 and Silverlight.

Sound Designer
Post 7 of 41

Hi Mac

Was that via a VPN on the PC (i.e. under Windows) or one running on the router? Hard to see how a router based VPN could even be detected. Though I suppose they could be blocking based on the IP address it apears to come from at the other end. I used Nord VPN once on a router (so Sky Go couldn't know) but nothing would work until I chose a different IP location in the UK which of course would have appeared to them to come from a different source. ..then it worked fine over the VPN.

I thought Sky GO was now available all over Europe now anyway?

Frankly from what I've seen I think their software (and the Cisco VideoGuard in it) is just junk.

Researcher
Post 8 of 41

Don't see how a VPN would matter for watching content offline...if there's no internet connection then the VPN wouldnt' be active.

I can watch "Live" content using Sky Go fine...(no VPN), wireless or wired...all ok.

I can download content fine - again wireless or wired.

As soon as I try to watch downloaded content I get the error (after the expiry in 48hrs message)...

Tried connected to the Internet and also with all connections turned off (Wireless off \ VPN off and no Ethernet)).

I'm going to give them another call....luckily i've got a spare couple of hours !

Sound Designer
Post 9 of 41

@Webby68wrote:

Don't see how a VPN would matter for watching content offline...if there's no internet connection then the VPN wouldnt' be active.

I can watch "Live" content using Sky Go fine...(no VPN), wireless or wired...all ok.

I can download content fine - again wireless or wired.

As soon as I try to watch downloaded content I get the error (after the expiry in 48hrs message)...

Tried connected to the Internet and also with all connections turned off (Wireless off \ VPN off and no Ethernet)).

I'm going to give them another call....luckily i've got a spare couple of hours !

Sorry Webby..that was meant to be a reply to Mac. I guess the Download Player though could be checking rights with a remote server over the Internet. 

Researcher
Post 10 of 41

So spoke to a nice lady at Sky who was very helpful, ran through a few checks, no stupid questions for a change.

Apparantly this is now a "Known Error" and has been referred to the App Developers for investigation.

Gave a few details about Laptop O\S etc and now have to wait for it to be investigated...

Watch this space....

Sound Designer
Post 11 of 41

@Webby68wrote:

So spoke to a nice lady at Sky who was very helpful, ran through a few checks, no stupid questions for a change.

Apparantly this is now a "Known Error" and has been referred to the App Developers for investigation.

Gave a few details about Laptop O\S etc and now have to wait for it to be investigated...

Watch this space....

Well, I now have the Sky Go Desktop app continually saying "We're having problems connecting you. Please try again (002)" So I do.. but it just keeps doing the same thing. The computer I'm running it on is small microPC Intel Apollo Lake 3450 with HD500 graphics and it ran under the old system of IE11/Silverlight/Download Player just fine. Frankly I wish they'd had the sense to keep that running until the new system was properly debugged because this is all driving me nuts!

Runner
Post 12 of 41

Hi, I'm new to the forum trying to find a solution to this error. I have had a series of e-mails back and forth supplying reqested info culminating today in one informing me that my laptop doesn't meet minimum requirements. This is nonsense as I can watch streamed live content and catch up etc. I can download stuff but get the error every time I try to play it. Tried disabling firewall, anti-virus, etc. to no avail. anybody having any better luck with a solution?

Viewer
Post 13 of 41

Same error - really annoying, everything used to work fine on same computer until Sky Go changed the app.

Have a load of stuff downloaded & now unable to watch.

Anybody got anything definitive yet?

Researcher
Post 14 of 41

I had an email from "Apps Support"....

Thank you for contacting the Sky Help Centre.

I am writing to you today in regards to a problem that you reported to us with one of our Sky Go desktop App.

Your case has been passed to our development team to begin further investigation into the fault PFE 9004 Something went wrong, try restarting the app.

Firstly, please accept our apologies in advance for any delay in getting in touch with you. We have received a number of cases in regards to this fault and are working hard to resolve this.

We are aware of the specific fault you are experiencing and a member of our team will be in touch with you when further information becomes available.

However, if you would rather get in touch with us yourself then you can call us directly on 03442 411 531 if you are in the UK or 0818904103 if calling from the Republic of Ireland between the hours of 8:30am and 9pm seven days a week

So...they are working on it !

Runner
Post 15 of 41

Thanks for that, at least you had a constructive reply. The last e-mail I had just said my PC wasn't up to spec despite the fact that I can view streamed content with no problem, although the app is very cpu hungry.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM